My UPS rant

Quote:
We didn't request a PO delivery. The shipper opted for a physical delivery and both pieces of info were on the package. Some delivery guys who know the families will deliver to the PO. On out package, the shipper had listed the PO and the physical. They were supposed to deliver to the latter.
@Harlans - This was a concern of mine as well. They're due to shift everything by the end of March but I'm told our PO's here in my part of Maine will remain untouched. We have 2 PO's to satisfy 3 towns. It's always been that way and I don't believe it's going to change much around here. I hope...

I hear your frustration and am currently going through the same thing.

I had a package on the way. It was scanned as being on the truck for delivery to my house but didn't arrive. This morning I check online and discover that they decided to send it to my post office. Get this...they sent it to the wrong post office! They had to pick it up from the wrong one and ship it to the correct post office...which is 1 block from my house! On top of that they entered a note in the online delivery summary that delivery will be an additional 2 days! It would have been less work to just deliver it. I'm not happy! Why they couldn't ship this one when they seemed to be able to drop off a different package to my door on Friday is beyond me. Makes me wonder what shape the box will be in. I wonder if it got damaged and they are planning on the post office having to take the hit. Granted, the package is coming via a free shipping sale, but I'm wondering if paying for shipping through a different service might be worth while.

Sorry you had to go through the frustration!

The postal service may be cutting back, but if UPS continues with poor service, people are going to go elsewhere. I don't care how good of a deal I can get on shipping. If the packages are damaged, contents stolen, or shipments late or sent to wrong places - on top of having to put up with rude service - I'll personally use a different service, and I'm sure others will also.

I'm with ya Andi. That's pretty much what happened here too. They went right through my town to drop it off in the next one 15 miles away.
I hope yours makes it in the condition that you ordered it in
hugs.gif

I'm "this close" to using FedEx instead.

Quote:
Well, believe me FedEx is not better! I have not only worked for them, but have had miserable service from them
roll.png

As for the shipping methods, most of the free shipping service from companies will be delivered to the PO then go out with the mail, it usually takes a day or two longer. I am not sure why this is, or if it really saves on the companies shipping costs.

Last week UPS delivered to my house, then delivered to my PO with one box.., the same day!.....from the same company!, but the one package was a clearance item?????? So who knows?

I worked there back in 2007. I started as a pre-loader then moved to part time morning supervisor, very quickly (Military and college degree helped me). They did some shadey stuff. However I would ship UPS over Fed Ex any day and twice on Sundays!! ;-) I always ship my Christmas boxes UPS to my family back east. I think this year I might actually look into the USPS, and see how their prices are.

I am glad nothing I ordered came with UPS this year. I remember the stolen vidoe games last year,and no one even bothered to notify me.I was the one who called! I now avoid UPS shipping companies.

I am in the boonies. 1,000 population. Everyone knows everyone and their business. Every important spot in town is right on Main St.
There is no excuse for not dropping the package at the appointed addresses. It wasn't rocket science. It was a simple drop at any of THREE locations.

Back
Top Bottom