My very first Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins have arrived!

They are beautiful! Congrats.
smile.png

LOL< so excited, she posted it twice! LOL Congrats! I really do not want to be a nay-sayer, but both of them could use more cushion. They seem really flat in the tail area. Love the coloring on the female, even though it is darker than I would have selected. Looks like they will be a good start, now just to work on the type

They're very nice, Nancy. You should be excited. I've got a couple of Millies from Josh, and they're great birds. He's doing a great job with them, and so are lots of other people. I've also got some from Lynne(wwmicasa1) and AmazonDoc. This color pattern has really come a long way, thanks to all of them, and many others. Enjoy them!

Last edited:
They are very lovely and have some of the best looking cushions on mille fleur cochins I have seen in the US. Don't sweat the comments about that. This is a project and you won't find nicer typed birds unless you import from the United Kingdom.
lol.png

Thank you, everyone! I am SO in love with my Cochins. Both the Mille Fleur AND the Black. What wonderful, beautiful birds they are. I know the Millies are a 'work in progress' and will use my blacks as a guide as to what to selct for...

I have a trio on order from Lynne and a pair from one other breeder. I intend to keep all three lines seperate ~ at least initially ~ so that I can learn the strenghts and weaknesses of each. At some point in the future, I MAY decided to breed the best from one line to the best of another. But for now, each will remain distinct. I will seek the advise of those who have put in the time to bring this glorious variety of Cochins to the point it is today ~ and I will do my very best to move it even closer to meeting the standard of our beloved breed.

There will be frequent updates and photos on my blog (as well as lots of pictures of my beautiful ~ if somewhat neglected ~ SHEEP!). Stop by anytime and feel free to leave a comment!

Nancy K.
http://shepherdsvoice.blogspot.com

Beautiful birds!! I got a couple of Mille Fluer bantamn chicks that I'm growing up as my first Mille Fluer Cochins! Congratulations!! WHere did you get them?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom