My weightloss journey

I danced in high school and really enjoyed it. I'd like to try Pilates but I'd rather not take a class because of previous experience. Any books or videos you can recommend?
I have a pilates DVD that I used somewhere. I'll look around in the morning. It had the main teacher who demonstrated the workout and then a woman along side her who did a modified version for people who weren't up to doing the harder version. I took a yoga class once at the local community college and can understand not wanting to go through THAT again.
What kind of dance did you do in high school? I used to do ballet and LOVED it until my teacher told me I was too tall and big boned to stick with it. It was a great workout though :confused:

So don’t start, that way you cannot be disappointed.

Good luck.
I’ll waste my time elsewhere.
Wow. Thats supportive to someone who is seeking alternative exercises than simply running. I suppose all us fat people who are trying to make an effort are simply "wasting their time" then? I'm putting forth the effort here. If you're not willing to provide support that is on you. I'm explaining my struggles and what has worked and what hasnt. If you feel that I am exhausting your energy then by all means go elsewhere.

I have a pilates DVD that I used somewhere. I'll look around in the morning. It had the main teacher who demonstrated the workout and then a woman along side her who did a modified version for people who weren't up to doing the harder version. I took a yoga class once at the local community college and can understand not wanting to go through THAT again.
What kind of dance did you do in high school? I used to do ballet and LOVED it until my teacher told me I was too tall and big boned to stick with it. It was a great workout though :confused:
I was in show choir. Back then I was doing the "sweating to the oldies" tapes with richard simmons. They never worked. Back then I was a size 12. I have a hormone imbalance due to a medical condition that makes weightloss more difficult. In addition to that I may not be able to have children of my own. When I got diagnosed I drowned into a deep depression which lead to this weight gain. I'm finally ok with who I am and my situation, id just like to be slimmer for my health and my partner

Wow. Thats supportive to someone who is seeking alternative exercises than simply running. I suppose all us fat people who are trying to make an effort are simply "wasting their time" then? I'm putting forth the effort here. If you're not willing to provide support that is on you. I'm explaining my struggles and what has worked and what hasnt. If you feel that I am exhausting your energy then by all means go elsewhere.
At least he realizes that his contribution was a waste of time. Just ignore him.

I was in show choir. Back then I was doing the "sweating to the oldies" tapes with richard simmons. They never worked. Back then I was a size 12. I have a hormone imbalance due to a medical condition that makes weightloss more difficult. In addition to that I may not be able to have children of my own. When I got diagnosed I drowned into a deep depression which lead to this weight gain. I'm finally ok with who I am and my situation, id just like to be slimmer for my health and my partner
My best friend is currently walking that path. She found out she has PCOS right after she got married. It has been very difficult. She struggles with the disorder but also with emotional eating. Your best bet might be talking to your doctor about proper medications to manage your condition and combining that with mindful eating and a regular exercise regimen. Her and I live states apart and I wish I lived closer so we both had an exercise buddy. Do you have any local friends who would want to do a regular routine with you?

At least he realizes that his contribution was a waste of time. Just ignore him.
Not to sound sexist but...men right???? Statistically it is much easier for men to loose weight than women. Even before Atkins I didnt eat sweets. No cake. No candy bars. And yet Im a big fatty fat fat fat. I dont feel this way about myself so dont get me wrong. I know I'm overweight and that it is bad for my health and I would like to be slimmer in my wedding gown. I think the big problem is that people assume you just cant keep yourself away from from eating cake and thats why your fat

Not to sound sexist but...men right???? Statistically it is much easier for men to loose weight than women. Even before Atkins I didnt eat sweets. No cake. No candy bars. And yet Im a big fatty fat fat fat. I dont feel this way about myself so dont get me wrong. I know I'm overweight and that it is bad for my health and I would like to be slimmer in my wedding gown. I think the big problem is that people assume you just cant keep yourself away from from eating cake and thats why your fat
I think callousness comes in all shapes, sizes, and genders. People say all sorts of rude nasty things on the internet that they wouldn't dream of saying to your face. Some of them do it to get a rise out of you and some of them do it out of a feeling of self importance. Everyone should remember that the person on the other end has feelings and worth too.

My best friend is currently walking that path. She found out she has PCOS right after she got married. It has been very difficult. She struggles with the disorder but also with emotional eating. Your best bet might be talking to your doctor about proper medications to manage your condition and combining that with mindful eating and a regular exercise regimen. Her and I live states apart and I wish I lived closer so we both had an exercise buddy. Do you have any local friends who would want to do a regular routine with you?
I do not emotionally eat anymore (my go to was popcorn) but I also suffer from PCOS. I wish I had a good exercise buddy but all of them are "too fit" to be a good buddy. Ive tried but they end up getting frustrated with me "slowing them down". This has led me to think I'm on my own and I need to just work an exercise into my routine that works

I didn't do the Adkins diet specifically, but the one time I have set out to loose weight and succeeded I limited my diet to 20 grams of net carbs per day. After about a month or 2 I allowed a reasonable day off here and there. I have had my ups and downs since, life and health issues, but that diet was a great boost to start my journey.
Really wishing you good luck and success, always here with an encouraging word!

I do not emotionally eat anymore (my go to was popcorn) but I also suffer from PCOS. I wish I had a good exercise buddy but all of them are "too fit" to be a good buddy. Ive tried but they end up getting frustrated with me "slowing them down". This has led me to think I'm on my own and I need to just work an exercise into my routine that works
Wow that's not a very supportive friend... is the future husband more supportive to working out with you? It can and should be disguised as fun. Exercise isn't just jogging in a big oval, it's also tennis and soccer and volleyball. We're coming into winter which means fewer outdoor activities. Not to be crude (since this is a family website) but there are also many bedroom activities that burn calories lol

Back
Top Bottom