My WONDERFUL neighborly neighbor.....NOT!

Quote:
Fine! I saved the site and will buy my own.....big meany!
ps...never thought I would be buying weeds on purpose
gig.gif

they are not weeds! They are an easy care and valuable source of nutritious fresh greens, and tasty roots and yummy gold dye, and tasty wine.....

of course I just stop every time I see a stand of dandelions with the big white poof balls and collect them. Drives Wickednerd and my dear love nuts. We will be driving.. or walking... or eating out and there I go running off to the nearest patch of grass to grab seed heads

yummy gold dye? and wine? Hmmmm seems I need to do more research! but......how can gold dye be yummy?

Quote:
they are not weeds! They are an easy care and valuable source of nutritious fresh greens, and tasty roots and yummy gold dye, and tasty wine.....

of course I just stop every time I see a stand of dandelions with the big white poof balls and collect them. Drives Wickednerd and my dear love nuts. We will be driving.. or walking... or eating out and there I go running off to the nearest patch of grass to grab seed heads

yummy gold dye? and wine? Hmmmm seems I need to do more research! but......how can gold dye be yummy?

because it is completely safe and edible so you can use it as food coloring. the flowers are peppery and go good on salads or if you soak them they form a bright yellow food safe dye.

PS. you have not heard of dandelion wine?! oh my your poor deprived person!

Last edited:
Tell'm your going green. That's the fashion these days and your saving on water. I just sold some guinea fowl or I'd send them your way. I'm not a fan of crummy neighbors. I had some once and they called the cops on me for a barking dog, funny thing was it was the other neighbors dor. And when the cops came they told the neighbors I was crazy and better just leave it alone. Small town.

Quote:

because it is completely safe and edible so you can use it as food coloring. the flowers are peppery and go good on salads or if you soak them they form a bright yellow food safe dye.

yes I am deprived....from Australia .....25 years now ......send some in mail please LOLOLOL I love wine

Back to my 70 some year old neighbor, he is a piece of cake! No one really likes him and the neighbor wants the neighborhood look like miniature golf course yards, trimmed up to the nth degree of an inch. He would mow two to three times a week, pruning, weeding, picking any stray leaf that happens to be on his driveway, including a blade of grass. IN the HEAT of 90 degrees, he would be so red, he would sit down for a moment, and had to go and cut some more. If he does not watch it, he would end up dead one day due to the heat. He has two older sons, in their 30's and 40's still living with him, unmarried.

He called the city too many times that they would just laugh at him but they would pay me a visit to check it around and found nothing really to report. A waste of his time, as one city worker commented. It would piss the neighbor off alot when nothing has been done to his satisfaction. He would even told me how to weed, how to make my house look even better and need to wrap the water hose the right way....really?! My mom came over several times and even my Dad, they all don't like him because he would complain about everything that isn't worthwhile like we only mow once a week or once every two weeks if it is so dry and he said we are killing the grass. So what? I aint going to water my lawn and the grass are hardy that they will reseed itself if they do die off. Just less gasoline to put in my mower!

I would just ignore him and I still will chat with his lovely wife. It is not his age that bothers me, but his manner and uppity HOA mannerism. If he wants to live like the HOA, he should have moved there. He ONCE lived on the farm but moved in the city because farming was too hard of a life. In due time, he will either die or move to an old folks home if he is unable to care for himself or the house. His sons do not mow or help around at all.

Quote:

yes I am deprived....from Australia .....25 years now ......send some in mail please LOLOLOL I love wine

remind me in march and i'll see what I can do

Quote:
being perennials they are slow to start the first year but once established they will thrive .

They actually LIKE being ignored too. no pampering. just throw the seeds at the lawn and let them take root

Last edited:
Quote:

remind me in march and i'll see what I can do

yeah ewesheep I know what you are saying! so much so..................
Hmm March...my birthday month.....not too far away with the way time flies nowadays
old.gif

After having bad neighbors in many places in my life I'm glad to say I am now bad neighbor free. We do have a nosy mean and trouble making older woman 2 houses down from me, but what's funny is her sons live in all 4 corners of the block to and my daughter baby sits for them. She has tried to tell me what my yard needs, or peek over my fence but I grew my hedge so high she can not see anything lol, and unless she drives up to take a look can no longer see in. I recommend tall fences, and lots of hedges to block these mosey fools . The guy who lived next door to me actually cut my hedge down when I was gone one day, had a nice neighbor man do it as he said I would be ok with it. He took my hedges down to 3 feet tall. I sent him a letter after he refused to listen to me, stating I would own his house if he ever touched my tree's hedges or grass ever again. The hedge is on my side! And so are my tree's . He and the mosey bag wanted to watch us, so they went in together to pay my other neighbor. The poor man wax so upset when he found out it was not supposed to be done. He has shoveled my side walk ever since and this was 5 years ago lol. My daughter now cleans her home. Moral of the story, grow a hedge put up a high fence and keep your neighbor guessing.
The next door neighbor passed away 5 years ago and the house has sat empty ever since ( family dispute)

Back
Top Bottom