My Wundaful flock!

Due to molting and us being relocated to another property soon, these poor duckys are going to have to stay locked up to contain the feathers. I feel like I could make a single size duvet with the feathers so far. I swear the pekin drake just shakes and there's feathers flying everywhere!
20200327_184235.jpg

See what I did there?

For those that don't know me, I'm Amy from australia and I thought it was time I stopped hijacking other threads and make my own thread to share my lovely birds. I invite you all to share your flock with me here, and some light hearted chit chat. Here's some snaps of my happy flock
There are 4 pekin, 3 indian runners, 3 cayugas, 1 muscovy, a RIW, 2 australorps and a silkie bantam. Plus a newly hatched pekin duckling named Cookie!View attachment 2053842View attachment 2053845View attachment 2053846View attachment 2053848View attachment 2053849
Awwwwwwww

This is a picture of my flock. I have a Bielefelder rooster, an Easter Egger/Plymouth Rock cockerel, two Plymouth Rock mix pullets, five Light Brahma hens, five Austra White hens, five Buckeye hens, and five New Hampshire Red hens. (Everyone is not in the picture)
How do you feel about the Austra Whites? I considered getting them because I wanted a white chicken but I chose a Columbian Wyandotte instead. I had the Black Australorp before, which I liked a lot so I got some of those again.

How do you feel about the Austra Whites? I considered getting them because I wanted a white chicken but I chose a Columbian Wyandotte instead. I had the Black Australorp before, which I liked a lot so I got some of those again.
I really like my Austra Whites. They are friendly, curious, and have good personalities. I really like the large eggs that they lay and their winter hardiness. I had one go broody at hatch six chicks last year, even though they are not a "broody breed".

Chick 2.jpg Chicks 6.jpg IMG_20190909_162801546.jpg

Happy easter everyone! So yesterday we got to do a walk through of the new property, and more importantly the hen house where the ducks will be staying. First off, its way bigger then I remembered. And its straight!!!! (My current one is bent from a tree falling on it) we will have to apply a mesh skirt around the base because its obvious critters can dig in but otherwise just a good rake out of the bones and a mite dusting is all that's needed. We are so lucky here in Australia that we can just use chicken wire because the worst of our predators is the fox. In some areas Quolls can be an issue but there's none around here.
20200412_111019.jpg
20200412_110937.jpg
20200412_111143.jpg

Back
Top Bottom