My Wundaful flock!

I got some baby chicks! 🥰 I got six at Tractor Supply. They did not know what breed they are, but I'm 99% sure they are Red Sex Links.
IMG_20200321_164552671_HDR (1).jpg

Ooo ehat are you going to plant?
Not much -- some lettuce, some peas, maybe a few zucchini, nasturtiums, and morning glories and moonflowers. Well, okay, that actually looks like a lot, now that it's all written out. Compared to what some people plant yearly, though, that's pretty tame.
How about you? Are you going to plant anything this year?

Not much -- some lettuce, some peas, maybe a few zucchini, nasturtiums, and morning glories and moonflowers. Well, okay, that actually looks like a lot, now that it's all written out. Compared to what some people plant yearly, though, that's pretty tame.
How about you? Are you going to plant anything this year?
I'm good at killing plants, unless they pop up in the chicken coop, then I have great success! I had a stack of pumpkins year before last, and currently I have a heap of corn thats popped up. I'm moving in 3-4 weeks about an hour away and I believe there is a vege patch there.

Sounds good!
I'd like to plant some butternut squash, but, unfortunately, squash is pretty sensitive to cold, and I live in Maine... I'd need to start them pretty early indoors, I think, and I don't have any grow-lights.
The reason that I'm planting moonflowers (which take 100 days to bloom!) is because I really like the look of the vines... so pretty draped across the porch.
And nasturtiums are just easy and pretty! Or, at least, pretty if the chickens don't peck the buds off... they did that last time I planted annuals in front of the porch. Pecked the buds off if I gave the flowers any attention when the hens were nearby. Did the same to the morning glories, too. "What? These things? Feh. *Peck peck peck* There. No more flowers. Give us treats." Wouldn't even eat the buds... just took 'em off.
Of course, that's nothing compared to what they do to the hostas....

Back
Top Bottom