mystery breed & unsure gender: approx 8 weeks.

I got my first EE from a feed store. She has the pea comb and beard. Im pretty sure it's an EE because all the EE I've seen are all different colors even there legs are different colors. I do have one EE where his crown sticks way up but it's the shape of a pea comb. Question is what chicken they breed to make this EE.

I got my first EE from a feed store. She has the pea comb and beard. Im pretty sure it's an EE because all the EE I've seen are all different colors even there legs are different colors. I do have one EE where his crown sticks way up but it's the shape of a pea comb. Question is what chicken they breed to make this EE.
EEs are actually a mix of breeds, so they could have any colors.l

I also think it is an EE. I think the comb looks very pink in the second picture. It could be the lighting but if not, I would guess cockerel.

If it's a hatchery EE it's not a mix of different breeds. The big thing with EEs is that there is no breed standard so they can use any bird in their breeding program no matter what it looks like. But the majority of the birds are still going to EEs for several generations back. There can be so many hidden genetics in an EE that you get birds like this one even from two 'typical' looking EEs.

Back
Top Bottom