Question 1: What does this type of feces mean?

Question 2: Is it intestinal shedding?

Attachments

• D1047704-F3BC-477D-B56F-0BA482D43A2D.jpeg
    D1047704-F3BC-477D-B56F-0BA482D43A2D.jpeg
    735 KB · Views: 13
That's abit redder then the typical intestinal shedding. Intestinal shedding is more of a orange color, not red.

It can indicate either Coccidiosis, or Worms.

How old are the birds?
5 days ago I finished an Ivermectin treatment for worms, lice, and mites. I am going to do a follow up treatment in 2 weeks.

Ages range from 4 months to 1.8 years old

5 days ago I finished an Ivermectin treatment for worms, lice, and mites. I am going to do a follow up treatment in 2 weeks.

Ages range from 4 months to 1.8 years old
Ivermectin has been ineffective with worms in chickens. I've seen this on a few threads.

I've been seeing that Goat Wormer has been recommended.

Ivermectin has been ineffective with worms in chickens. I've seen this on a few threads.

I've been seeing that Goat Wormer has been recommended.
I didn’t know that. Thank you for the information! I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

However, I believe it worked because once I administered it, my chickens expelled a lot of worms, more than they had before. Then, after the dosage was complete, their feces was free of worms.

A very reputable breeder recommended Ivermectin, since she uses it and her flocks are worm, lice, and mite free.

Concerning the fecal in question, how would I know for sure, if it is cocci?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t know that. Thank you for the information!

However, I believe it worked because once I administered it, my chickens expelled a lot of worms, more than they had before. Then, after the dosage was complete, their feces was free of worms.

A very reputable breeder recommended Ivermectin, since she uses it and her flocks are worm, lice, and mite free.

Concerning the fecal in question, how would I know for sure, if it is cocci?
I guess it still works some, especially with worms that hasn't built up an immunity to it. Which seems to be your case.

You could get a fecal float done, or see if happens again, then treat them for it once confirmed.

I guess it still works some, especially with worms that hasn't built up an immunity to it. Which seems to be your case.

You could get a fecal float done, or see if happens again, then treat them for it once confirmed.
Okay thank you!
I appreciate your info and time.

Btw, would you happen to know someone who could answer a question I have concerning Baytril? I posted a thread yesterday, but no one gave advice…

Back
Top Bottom