Naked chicks from Buff Orpingtons

How many do you have in your flock, and do you ship hatching egg's?
I had to cull the rooster because he was so mean, really vicious bird. The 7 hens are laying g fine but with no roo, the eggs are not fertile. I have young roos growing up now, will put one of them in with the hens when I pick the best one in a month or two.

I had to cull the rooster because he was so mean, really vicious bird. The 7 hens are laying g fine but with no roo, the eggs are not fertile. I have young roos growing up now, will put one of them in with the hens when I pick the best one in a month or two.
There are 21 brothers and sisters from the same hatch, and 9 from an earlier hatch, if you want any of those. They all look normal, except for 2 hens who have some cream in their feathers. I lost some to coccidiosis, but all have been treated and are very healthy now. It took me by surprise, never had sick birds before. Just went out one morning to dead birds! 😱 Bloody vents, fevered readings and searches helped me figure it out.
BTW, I live out in the sticks and internet here is almost non existent, so if I don't respond quickly, it means I can't get a signal. Since it's been storming a lot, that's pretty often.😕

I live in Northern Florida, so summers are no problem, except for the mosquitoes, but they seem to be doing ok with that. For the winter, they will have access to a heating pad or a light bulb in their little coop. It does freeze here in the winter.
As far as breeding, I would love to, but there are some problems. The rooster was culled because he was mean as hell, drew blood on me every time I went in the run. The hen is one of 7 running around, so I don't know which one she is. I am retired with a limited income, so I can't do these unique birds justice. If someone wants them and has a good home for them, I am open to that. They need more attention than I have to really give them.
I'll gladly take them off your hands if you're willing to ship. I'll of course pay for the shipping.

Another option is you could contact your nearest university and see if they'd have any info for you. I'd bet they might like to see them.

1625245120760.png

I'll keep my Orpingtons with all their feathers, thank you very much. I noticed everyone is enamoured with their lack of feathers, but the first thing I noticed is that they have yellow shanks/feet which is not correct for Buff Orpingtons that have white skin and should have white/pink shanks/feet. Perhaps you have Buff Plymouth Rocks.

View attachment 2744676

I'll keep my Orpingtons with all their feathers, thank you very much. I noticed everyone is enamoured with their lack of feathers, but the first thing I noticed is that they have yellow shanks/feet which is not correct for Buff Orpingtons that have white skin and should have white/pink shanks/feet. Perhaps you have Buff Plymouth Rocks.
Could the coloring maybe be something attached to the nakedness?

I wonder if you searched if you could find someone else with a different bloodline that got nekid chickens and get those together to save the naked genes and still introduce new blood and hopefully more of the good stuff they may be lacking. They look sad to me much as nekid necks do so I'd not have any. But I"m sure there's a market like the nekid chihuahaus shapei's somebody would find it fascinating but as mentioned youd have to find a way to expand the blook line or you would just creat sad messes I'd think IMHO

Back
Top Bottom