Naked Neck/Turken Thread

LL

Beauitiful. My pick

I am enjoying my NN babies, now at almost 3 months old, their feathers are in, and they have all changed to such strange colors. My white babies are all red. Not a single pure white one left The cockerel is now white with grey and black on him, and the Black ones, I now only have 2 out of the 4 blacks that are still black. The other 2 changed to a milk chocolate color. Strange how they can change colors like that. However I have never had a true brown chicken before so my 2 brown ones I am loving, and enjoying.

Are they called naked necks or do they have name names like show girl. I also have a black skin black feathered NN....then I one that look similar to ones I've seen here. It has a bow tie and pinkish skin. But like the redish feathers.....just heres the pic

its redish with black in it

Are they called naked necks or do they have name names like show girl. I also have a black skin black feathered NN....then I one that look similar to ones I've seen here. It has a bow tie and pinkish skin. But like the redish feathers.....just heres the pic

its redish with black in it

Showgirls are a type of NN that is for a silkie feathered NN. Naked neck is both a breed name and a descriptor of any cross breed that has a naked necked trait. The Naked Neck breed will have specific qualities and traits listed in the standard of perfection for Naked Necks, but naked necks the crosses come in all kinds, styles, and types. Naked Necks the breed that conform to specific standards are much more rare then the mixes.

Back
Top Bottom