Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Crazy thing is that we often go MONTHS without rain and are under fire bans. I don't even own a camping stove because they don't let you use them ever - I bring no cook stuff when I camp. It's been SO bizarre!!!!! Humidity is obscene. No rain today for the first day in weeks - spent all day trying to get dry bedding in the coops and cleaning up for the chickens. The rest of the yard is a wreck... Garden is a loss. 

I NEED that recipe - I riced a whole bunch of cauliflower last year and froze it (when in season), so I have a bunch in the freezer. 

Please? :D

- Ant Farm 

Edit to add: I'm repeating myself. I'm tired - sorry. :oops:

Here's one similar that I copied. Daughter did the measure and I did the mixing.

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds cauliflower florets, riced
1 egg, beaten
⅓ cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Garlic salt. We put garlic salt it called for pinch of regular

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat your oven to 400F.
To make the cauliflower rice, pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the "rice" and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
THIS IS THE SECRET: Once you've strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then SQUEEZE all the excess moisture out! It's amazing how much extra liquid will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.

I used a nut bag to remove the excess moisture

In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices. (Don't be afraid to use your hands! You want it very well mixed.) It won't be like any pizza dough you've ever worked with, but don't worry-- it'll hold together!
Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (It's important that it's lined with parchment paper, or it will stick.) Keep the dough about ⅓" thick, and make the edges a little higher for a "crust" effect, if you like.
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400F. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
Now's the time to add all your favorites-- sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like. Return the pizza to the 400F oven, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly.

Crazy thing is that we often go MONTHS without rain and are under fire bans. I don't even own a camping stove because they don't let you use them ever - I bring no cook stuff when I camp. It's been SO bizarre!!!!! Humidity is obscene. No rain today for the first day in weeks - spent all day trying to get dry bedding in the coops and cleaning up for the chickens. The rest of the yard is a wreck... Garden is a loss.

I NEED that recipe - I riced a whole bunch of cauliflower last year and froze it (when in season), so I have a bunch in the freezer.

Please?
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

Edit to add: I'm repeating myself. I'm tired - sorry.
hide.gif

I'm sharing my cauliflower pizza crust recipe too. It's a family favorite, even with my teenage son and all of his friends!

EASIEST Cauliflower Pizza EVER!

Ingredients
  • 1 large head cauliflower- grated in food processor
  • ¾ C plain Greek yogurt (the thicker the better)
  • 1 t. real salt
  • Generous pepper
  • 1 t. Basil, ½ t oregano, ½ t. garlic powder
  • 2 eggs
Instructions
  1. Cut cauliflower into small florets and put through grating attachment on food processor.
  2. Beat other ingredients together in large bowl, adding cauliflower in until mixed well.
  3. Spread mixture flat onto large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, pushing into all 4 corners.
  4. Bake on 400°F for approximately 45-50 minutes, until pizza is browning, drying out and stays together well when gently lifted with spatula. (don't do less than 40 minutes)
  5. Put sauce, toppings and cheese and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.

Last edited:

Please? :D

- Ant Farm 

Edit to add: I'm repeating myself. I'm tired - sorry. :oops:

Here's a copy to the link of the one we did. Daughter says she would leave a little cheese out of dough next time. I thought it was fine.

http://ourbestbites.com/2015/03/how-to-make-cauliflour-pizza-crust/#_a5y_p=3923300

These are from my Golden Partrudge NN rooster. He had a Blue Red NN, a White NN, a Red NN, and 2 Black Gold NN hens in with him.

The only one I have figured out is the blue one and I think probably the reddish colored one.

The two partridge ones maybe the Black Gold hens. The whiter looking one possibly from the white hen?

6-12-2016 EDITED:
I've decided I had the color code wrong on these. I had a code written down but list it the day after I made it, so I've been watching and trying to figure out what color went with what run.

Last edited:
Here is one of my latest chicks. She is very interesting. Has feathered legs (Brahma daddy), a crest (either from Swedish Flower or Crested Cream Legbar grandparent ) and muffs! (Easter Egger Influence) and the best part, drum roll, please!........SHE IS A NAKED NECK! Not as naked as some, but with all the other breed influences, I am pleased. The whole back of her neck down is naked......can't tell in the photo. How cute is she?! A little of everything! And, I am hoping she will lay a colored egg. Most of my other NNs lay either green or blue eggs.

Here is one of my latest chicks. She is very interesting. Has feathered legs (Brahma daddy), a crest (either from Swedish Flower or Crested Cream Legbar grandparent ) and muffs! (Easter Egger Influence) and the best part, drum roll, please!........SHE IS A NAKED NECK! Not as naked as some, but with all the other breed influences, I am pleased. The whole back of her neck down is naked......can't tell in the photo. How cute is she?! A little of everything! And, I am hoping she will lay a colored egg. Most of my other NNs lay either green or blue eggs.

This pic didn't come thru the first time..

Back
Top Bottom