Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hoping you guys can list your favorite things about Naked Necks! Hoping to get 20 chicks sexed for female and 1 male in January. But my mom can't get past the naked neck part
1f602.png

Except great egg laying, quite big meat birds and docile personalities I would like to point out modern looks. It is actually quite important to me and if you like fm they look even better.

Last edited:
Here are my bantam turkens from Dunlap.  Ignore the 3 chicks on the right. /img/smilies/smile.png My local feed store orders most of their chicks from Dunlap. I lucked out on the bantam turkens because they were a cancelled order that ended up at my store.  They received about 25 chicks (I brought home 7) in a variety of colors. They were absolutely adorable as chicks and are 7-8 weeks old now.  I need to take a current picture, but I am thrilled with them.  Very healthy and happy!  Good luck with your order and be sure to post pictures when your chicks arrive. I am sure that you will be pleased. 
78998_p4130732.jpg
I know that this is an old post.But was hoping to see if you could post some adult pics if available. I did end up getting some bantam turkens from Dunlap hatchery and few years back but ended up selling them before they reached breeding age. In 2017 I have decided to add bantam turkens from Dunlap hatchery. My plans are to add the frizzle gene to them through frizzle serama bred to old english game bantams and hopefully breed them down smaller.Thanks

Stumbled upon it a few weeks back, it's in PDF format;

http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/08e04a04.pdf

Unforunately, they don't cite the source of their information, but most of the agreed upon facts about NNs are there, along with plenty of pics, and some cool historical data. 

I believe I googled "Naked Neck Chicken research" and it came up towards the bottom of the page, :) 

I was finally able to read it. It is very cool! I may do them as a market pen this year. Who knows

OH Kev, those are fabulous! Beautiful lacing going on, good job!
I have had a golden sebright hen with a fibro naked neck rooster since summer and still no eggs.She laid a couple and went through molt and quit.I have put her in a coop with a light in hopes of getting her to start laying. My goals is to have a naked neck sebright and later to add the frizzle gene and fibro if I can but not a biggie if I can't
.Kev did you have any gold laced naked necks?I thought that I was posting a comment to a pic of Kev's silver laced naked necks but when posted no pics lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom