Naked Neck/Turken Thread

DSCN3499.JPG
DSCN3511.JPG
DSCN3512.JPG

First one is from the Prince egg. Pretty sure it's a boy.
There is a barred one.
The buff one is pretty.
The light buff one with blue is pretty.View attachment 553792 View attachment 553793 View attachment 553794 View attachment 553795
Are these the ones you kept behind from the same hatch as the ones I got from you?
Mine are getting so big so fast! I've got them in a pen bordering the big flocks and they want out to join the big birds so bad. They are really getting friendly. I'll have to take some more pics soon. Maybe today.

Yes, not all are in any one photo. They are getting big fast. I just hatched more, and they are getting big fast. I am getting some SS .. want to try and keep a rooster for a while. See what I can get from him..hoping for a rooster that doesn't crow loud or often.
laughing-smiley-face.gif
Well, I've heard some say that they have had one.

The last photos are from a hatch from draye on here...but he only sells once in a while. Also from desert.. she only sells once in a while too. Maybe you can get on a list with them?

So, here's a few updated pics of the kids I got from Cynthia. My dang phone camera sucks so bad I had to delete like 3 out of every 4 pics I took.
The white/blue cockerel is starting to look really neat, like he might be some kind of cuckoo pattern. And he's got thick short legs like a real meat bird. The reddish buff that i thought was going to be a pullet is turning out to be a cockerel. The two little black girls have the nicest almost completely clean necks. And that lightest pullet that we though might be aloha sure is looking pretty, but still kinda shy. They all want out with the big birds so bad. I've gotta wait just a little while longer until I can send the australorp cockerels in the batchelor pad/grow out to freezer camp so I can move them out there. I may have to do that sooner than I meant to.
0522171759.jpg
0522171758d.jpg
0522171758a.jpg
0522171757.jpg

So, as soon as I got my birds down from Utah last month I started collecting eggs for hatching while my hens still had genetics from their RIR roosters they had up there. I've gotten four hatched so far, two fully feathered and two NN's.
0522171726.jpg

The first three hatched yesterday. The latest one hatched last night but I left her in there over night incase anymore hatch. I'm in love with her... puffy cheeks from my black EE hen, AND feathered feet from my NN roo!
0523171055b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom