Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Got one that likes to pose for photos

Attachments

• 20170525_200322.jpg
    20170525_200322.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 9
Sad Post: :hit So After years of trying I Finally found an Hatchery that has NN Bantams & will ship as small number of Chicks, I choose, Mixed group, Half were NN. . . Had the brooder set up & tested ready. I picked em up as soon as Post called, Next day Mail. all were Alive when I put in Brooder,

Then it ALL went Wrong... within the first 12 hrs 3 had die, then it was a few every couple hrs. with 3 days 10 had died. 8 were NN. they would eat and drink and seemed fine. Right up until/when dying they acted Normal. . . WHY ? are NN Bantams SO Delicate - Fragile to raise ? I do NOT blame the Hatchery, they have stood by the chicks from Get Go. . . Next spring I need to be better educated on NN day old needs.

Sad Post: :hit So After years of trying I Finally found an Hatchery that has NN Bantams & will ship as small number of Chicks, I choose, Mixed group, Half were NN. . . Had the brooder set up & tested ready. I picked em up as soon as Post called, Next day Mail. all were Alive when I put in Brooder,

Then it ALL went Wrong... within the first 12 hrs 3 had die, then it was a few every couple hrs. with 3 days 10 had died. 8 were NN. they would eat and drink and seemed fine. Right up until/when dying they acted Normal. . . WHY ? are NN Bantams SO Delicate - Fragile to raise ? I do NOT blame the Hatchery, they have stood by the chicks from Get Go. . . Next spring I need to be better educated on NN day old needs.

I can't speak to bantams, but my experience with large fowl NN chicks is that they are somewhat MORE hardy than other chicks. I had a shipment this spring of some broiler type NNs, and the shipment took about 3 days, and I had the same issue - one DOA, then three the next day, then another, then another, in the end, lost 9 out of 25. So, I'm wondering if something happened during transport or something. Just my thoughts...

Naked necks don't have different needs than other chicks, and something definitely went wrong, I hope you find out what it was. I have heard of people having trouble with the food going bad, is this possible?

I am very sorry about your chicks. I suppose it could depend on the breeder, but my personal experience has been that my bantam NNs are the hardiest of all my chicks. Out of 3 seperate hatches and a total of 20 chicks, I have never lost a single one to weakness or health issues. There was more likely a problem somewhere along the line, possibly during shipping. I hope the rest of your chicks will be ok :fl

Feed is good, lighting Good, Known variables checked & adjusted. Just In Case I'd gotten & using 2 different types of heat. source. Using Now, ( EcoGlow20 ▬ Sweeter Heater Coop & Brooder Heater )
Different from heat lamps. Remaining Chick growing & acting Normal... That's the BUGGER, I've little to Go on.

Back
Top Bottom