Naked Neck/Turken Thread

chickengr

Free Ranging
Dec 29, 2014
greece
we have a lot of mosquitos here. I have always had fowl pox around but lost 1 chicken only due to it (in 5 years). she was a lakenvelder who laid soft shell eggs so I am not sure if fowl pox is reason she died.

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
Yeah, sucks cause I lost both the chicks him and lady made a few weeks after mama forgot she had babies for the day, so I just won't have any of his genes. But him and Atlas came from the same hatchery shipment, so it's possible they were related. Certainly were similar in the giant size
I decided to name my boy Louie. I'll be hatching out some of his chick's toward's spring.

JacinLarkwell

Crowing
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
No, I don't know because I haven't weighed him. He's not full grown yet as he will only be 5 month's old on November 2nd. He's already a big boy though! He's taller than the bottom bar of the horse panel there in the picture.
He is a big boy. Atlas and Lady are about 8 months and they are some of the largest birds I've ever had. Atlas is probably around 8 pounds and Lady can't be far behind even if she's just a sexlink pullet.

Top Bottom