Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks rebel rousing at night, I am very pleased with the color variety.If you can post pics, somebody may be able to help you. But I am guessing that cackle keeps their naked neck flock mixed color as most hatcheries do and so most hatchery naked necks are not a standard color.( I hope that I worded that right) But if you can post pics I am sure someone will help you,if no one has an answer we can still enjoy the pics.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I didn't realize hatcheries would have such a variety of colors like that, they are cool.

3. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love to be able to post pictures. However I'm the worst picture taker on earth. If I get a good picture out of 50 I feel like I hit the jackpot. [​IMG]

I hope to make some pictures and if I can figure out how to get them on my pc from my phone (never tried this before) fix them in a file,upload to BYC, get them in a post, I will share.[​IMG]All this wears me out because I'm TOO handicapped in this department.

Such is the life of an "Oldie".

4. queenchick16

queenchick16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Kev's the man that can help with this

5. queenchick16

queenchick16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    I figured I share this photo again. Her name is Beaky,named after the baby vulture in the Bug's Bunny cartoons. Man does she love to climb. I think she has some mountain goat in her.I really should walk around with my camera in my pocket . The other day she was on the top of an old ladder I have in my yard that I have a grape vine growing on. If she would have jumped over the fence into my neighbors yard that would have been the end of her.She has stayed very petite, she loves hanging out with my chicks that I brought back from Mass. But they want nothing to do with her.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Check out the side burns lol I think its the EE in there
    [​IMG]

Got some weird coloring too
    [​IMG]

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Lacy 1988, I think it's missing it's "PEACE" sign around it's neck. LOL!!

Enjoying all these pictures! That little "Beaky" of yours queenchick16 is a doll.

8. That is adorable!
    I rarely get beards or muffs on my Naked Neck Green-Eggers.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  9. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I just noticed them today ha it seems like she grew them over night

10. I was just out feeding squash to a bunch of young birds and noticed one with wispy muffs. I don't remember it, so maybe like yours, they just *sprouted*.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by