Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    I've been without internet since Friday when the storms came through. Boy, have I missed this thread. Loving the pictures and all of you are fun people.

Kassaundra, I'm right behind you on the Seussers. I nearly gave up my NNs this spring because I felt pressure to breed to the standard. Life's too short not to smile. So I'm breeding Seussers for my enjoyment now, too. Thanks for voicing your opinion. Bet there's a lot of us that feel the same way.

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Awesome chickens should make you happy, there is to much in life that is serious.

3. Glad you made it through the storms, Sande.

A Naked Neck is a Naked Neck --- whether bred toward *American Standard of Perfection* or bred for whatEVER makes an individual happy. Mine make me smile every day.
    Silly birds, they can't possibly understand how happy they make me.

4. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    What a great support group. How many other threads would advocate the same thing? Yep, NN's are cool.

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Some updated pics of my 3 naked necks that I hatched from Dipsy Doodle Doo.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Having naturally curly hair, I can soooo sympathise w/ that middle chicken! lol

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Had some storms come through today so thankful for the much needed rain. These guys were free ranging and look a little rough.

8. queenchick16

queenchick16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    I love the first little rumpless one . I wish I was able to breed my own. I live on Long Island and I'm not allowed a rooster. I agree I would be having a great time mixing and matching. Hope everyone has a safe 4th.

9. Looking good, Wayne!
    That one shouldn't be rumpless, just slow to grow tailfeathers.

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks Lisa I was wondering about that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by