Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. MA Mama

MA Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    Right - I understand completely and agree with you about my expectations - they weren't out of line. I think I won't say anything, but I certainly won't recommend them or give them a rating on this website. I just feel like I don't want to put the negative energy out there, as silly as that sounds. Ugh sooo disappointing because every other transaction from backyardchickens has been wonderful.

2. chickenbuddy0

chickenbuddy0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    southwest Illinois
    Hi fellow nn lovers ! Man alive, I sure am enjoying all the great pictures and talk about my favorite breed ! Keep it coming !

3. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    MA moma Have you ever raised frizzles before ? They look so cute but check out the posts on the contest of the worst chicken molts. Some frizzles get almost totally "neked" ie their molt is severe.

And on another note, I have some nice birds from BYC hatching eggs. Most were packaged well, but lately they have been total failures even when I have had a more experienced person add them to her batches. A while back one dozen of blue eggs hatched out a pair of birds from a breed that makes white or cream colored eggs. I agree with you on your decision. Just do what you do.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. MelissaK

MelissaK New Egg

May 9, 2012
    PA
    My new babies! New to Turkens any advice/suggestions on raising them would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    Obviously one of the hatched was not a turken. Not sure what she/he is yet. :)

[​IMG]

5. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    They are precious!![​IMG]

6. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Loved my two so much I got another one...This one is the little "sister" to my other two... Father:half EE half Naked Neck Mother: Leghorn ...Her name is DC because the lady at the local feed and seed sold her to me in a diet coke box lol

[​IMG]

7. BackyardCoop

BackyardCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Adorable! [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    She is very pretty!

9. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Thank you! I'm hoping in the future to breed her and my two other girls to polish roosters

10. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I bet those babies will be gorgeous! Be sure to post pics of those babies when they come!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by