Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Cute, PG! Glad you could save the eggs.

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dipsy Doodle Doo,haven't heard from you in the turken/naked neck thread in a while.So glad to see you back.Have missed seeing pics of all those gorgeous birds of yours.

3. Georgia Boy 1970

pgpoultry
    Cute chicks,especially the little buff/brown one.Glad you were able to get some babies from Gordon.

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Wouldn't that be amazing if the egg I put under my broody was a NN?!?! I would be so happy. Because Teddy isn't looking 100% female, and if it's a boy he has to go :(. I love Teddy!!! But Teddy hatched from a dark brown egg, and this is light brown. But, the dad might've been a NN so there is a chance!!!

5. LarissaSlates98

LarissaSlates98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    Lastnight the remaining chicks hatched (10/15 eggs hatched) now read carefully. There is 11 chicks, how? One egg had twins! Two black NN twins, One was the average size of a new hatched NN, the other was about the size of a newly hatched Silkie chick, and Some of its intestines were hanging out of its tummy along with its yolk that it should have absorbed, but didnt due to there being twins in one egg. So I made the critical decision, "Do I kill it or try to save it?..." Well, I don't have the heart to give up on a animal until it gives up too. So here it is 2 AM in the morning, I got alcohol prep pads to clean the supplies with, tweezers, bandage, neosporin, and disinfected everything including my hands, There was no way I could get the yolk to go inside the chick, at all, So oh so carefully I detached the yolk (No blood or mess due to my good judgement of where to cut) It was then discarded, now the yolk wasn't hanging out of the chick, but some of the intestines were. I very carefully and gently worked the intestines back into the chicks tummy where the need to be, within 8 mins this was all done. I thien cleaned up the tiny opening and put neosporin in it, the chick is doing great this morning. It is a miracle

6. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    That is awesome, I hope your little chick makes it after that effort.

7. LarissaSlates98

LarissaSlates98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    Me too! So far he/she isdoing perfect!!

8. That is amazing, Larissa!

9. Georgia Boy 1970

Some pics of my naked necks that I took this afternoon.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    PG... Yay! We have Gordon babies to watch grow up! I am so glad you were able to hatch those eggs! [​IMG]

Larrissa ... Great news you were able to save the twin! I would love to see pictures of them. It is amazing they both hatched and more amazing that you were able to save him. But I think you found the little ones name.. "Miracle!"

Georgiaboy... you are going to have some spectacular NN's there! I can't wait to see them grow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by