Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute babies.[​IMG]

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Of the ones pictured all are laying except Mensa and the hoodas. The bator is cooking some other NN (poss scaleless), houdans, and one araucana, so no chicks in the immediate (next 21 days) future, but definately going to be some at a later date.

3. Georgia Boy 1970

You have a good looking hen.I don't have a suggestion for a name because I don't name mine.Except my naked neck hen that I lost to stray dogs a few weeks back.Real gentle girl,I called her Big Mama Neck Neck.

4. Georgia Boy 1970

Looking forward to some baby chick pics.

5. Georgia Boy 1970

I know there is a need for non-crowers or quiet roosters for poultry owners that live in areas that prohibit roosters.Very thankful I live in a rural area.Enjoy hearing mine and the neighbors roosters crowing.

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Kev I know these are old pics.These are gorgeous girls.Do you still work with these?

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Thanks Georgia! They are cute..will have more baby pictures in a few days..have more NN's going into lock down tomorrow..different breeder.

You are in Georgia..we have a son going to the Atlantic area for a two year mission. Leaves next month. I used to live in Florida years ago, have told him about the food out that way..He's a skinny little guy now, have a feeling that he will come back with some meat on his bones! He will be in Peach Tree City first..I hear there are a lot of golf carts getting around there. :))

8. ukon

ukon Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2012

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The rest are being used for meat once October hits unfortunately. I've already promised that is how it's going to be. :(

Brian is very chillaxed. A few of the barred boys are starting to try and mate. One killed a little call duck trying to mate it - so he is definitely not in consideration.

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

None are pure NN. Their parents all had naked necks, but they have Ameraucana in them as well as barred rock. The idea was to have NN coloured egg layers. He started out pure white. [​IMG] Oh my gosh. I love reminiscing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by