Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Took a few pics of the naked necks while feeding.I had a snake get into my baby chicks and lost some showgirl babies and one of my naked neck/turken babies that I hatched from ebay eggs.What color do you think this little fellow will be?[​IMG]

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    How big of a snake was it to have eaten more than one chick?!! I'd freak if I went in my coop and found that sight! I'm not snake phobic, but I can't imagine losing my birds like that. Sorry about that.
  3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Beautiful! Sorry to hear about the snake :(
  4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

No clue either! I have never seen a live snake other than at pet shops and the zoo. Our environment just doesn't suite their needs.
  5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Thanks Georgia, thanks ukon! :)
  6. Georgia Boy 1970

I have no idea how big he was.Went down to check on all the birds before bed and noticed the door was cracked open just slightly but enough for a snake to slither in.I'm just glad that I didn't open the brooder and see him laying there.They don't bother me if I know they are there and I'm not in a tight space.Just don't want to be surprised and closed in.
  7. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Has anyone got naked necks from the legendary Duane Urch Red Naked neck LF birds. Thinking about getting some next spring. Are they good and are they big for a naked neck?
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  8. ukon

ukon Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2012
    your welcome
  9. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    There have been so many pictures of gorgeous NN's! [​IMG]

Here is my newest little NN addition.

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Handsome little fella.Is he one of salmon faverolle/naked neck mixes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by