Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

That was about 4 1/2 to 5 feet but they did not fly up there.I placed them there.

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Right now there wings are solid white.So hoping for a solid white[​IMG].I really like the new flock members.They have quickly become my favorite.They are a real joy to have here.

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Yes I currently have them together and she recently had chicks(last cold snap I took her chicks and put them in the brooder)So no eggs yet.She just recently came here thanks to New To Farrming,really haven't paid a lot of attention to her comb,but will check it out.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    I was thinking that you did place them there since they do not look old enough to fly but I was hoping that they did fly !!

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] My turkeys don't like the posers. :gig [​IMG] Not sure what it is about Brian, but the turkeys HATE him. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    aoxa I love the pictures. Brian appears to be ignoring them. Either they consider him a threat or want to mate him. ha ha

8. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    because he looks way better than they do......

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Yep, Brian just occasionally chased her away. It's only Brian they don't like - and I'm not sure what to make of it :lau

:gig

I don't know.. I love my turkeys.

My visitors have better reactions to the turkeys too.

Not once have I had someone say they are cool or cute, or anything other than weird or ugly :lol:

But I have a soft spot for them. I think they fall into that "it's so ugly it's cute" category. Though NN chicks are just cute. Nothing ugly about them at all :love

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Good looking rooster.Have you hatched any chicks from him yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by