Naked Neck/Turken Thread

My .. Gladys .. is getting bigger! Going to be a big girl. Pretty sure it's a girl now. Will have to get a photo again soon. She has the funniest thing going on at the tip of her tail now. Will try and get good photos of it. I've not seen this!

My .. Gladys .. is getting bigger!  Going to be a big girl.  Pretty sure it's a girl now.  Will have to get a photo again soon. She has the funniest thing going on at the tip of her tail now.  Will try and get good photos of it.  I've not seen this! 

Week fertility looks good. 95 out of the 100 I set are fertile. That was at nine days incymubation.

May be ready to get you some eggs by about mid-March. I think we will have better weather by then. Just let me know when you're ready.

I'm starting to think I have two puppies. My broody NN hen, Reba, has not figured out how to climb the hardware cloth in the isolation pen and reach the latch to the door to let herself out. She still can't get out of the cabin, but that girl is determined to return to her favorite nesting box! I now have her pen door secured by a large, heavy block.
barnie.gif
I had a dummy who didn't understand how to get back so only 2 hatched. I guess the other eggs cooled down.

btw, you have amazing chicks again. I ran out of ovations.

Week fertility looks good. 95 out of the 100 I set are fertile. That was at nine days incymubation.

May be ready to get you some eggs by about mid-March. I think we will have better weather by then. Just let me know when you're ready.

March sounds great!

I got a better shot of the down coloring of all five of the most recent chicks - you can see the "smudgy" markings on two of the yellow chicks here:

(The two red ones are Polly's chicks - Polly is the hatchery New Hampshire, so that explains their markings.)

I got a better shot of the down coloring of all five of the most recent chicks - you can see the "smudgy" markings on two of the yellow chicks here:

(The two red ones are Polly's chicks - Polly is the hatchery New Hampshire, so that explains their markings.)
so cute!

my chick's are due on thursday
fl.gif

I hope I didn't mess up with anything - lack of experience.

btw, I have a pullet named polly, she is a lovely dark brahma. very smart. and sweetie is araucana. I guess I need to name one puppy as well. lol.

Quote: Thanks! I certainly think so!!!

You'll be fine - I found everything I needed to know on BYC, the search function is your friend. Are you hatching yourself? If so, if you have any questions, come over to the EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING thread. We are chatty, but folks are on almost all the time, and you're likely to get an answer pretty quickly.
Those are some fine, fine names for chickens!!!
thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm

Oh man, baby NN's! I'm in love...!

Here is my Gladys. Her and this silkie are best buds. Wonder what they will do apart come spring when I put that silkie in with the other silkies. And Gladys with the big girls. They are separated on by chicken wire from the big girls, so, Gladys will know them.

Ok, what's up with this girls tail tip? I think it's cute though.

This is a Gladys, right?

She has long legs..going to be a big girl.

Back
Top Bottom