Naked Neck/Turken Thread

And all of them look really nice, how are you going to choose which one to keep?

None of these are keepers. I'm purchasing straight run chicks in September and hoping for a roo I like from those to go with the girls. Until then I have a slow feathering little guy I'm going to keep around. He's got a bare chest but he's small and a brother to some of the pullets I have.

None of these are keepers. I'm purchasing straight run chicks in September and hoping for a roo I like from those to go with the girls. Until then I have a slow feathering little guy I'm going to keep around. He's got a bare chest but he's small and a brother to some of the pullets I have.
That last one, the blue one, almost looks like a keeper....

Fair week here and my dd took 2 Nn a black and a white....
20190722_173535.jpg
she took 4th in showmanship up aginst some fierce competition. The rooster took 1st in his class. Pretty good for a backyard bird..... even if he was short on tail feathers.

There hasn't really been anything new to report. All the chicks are at that stage where they are growing like molasses, I've got another hen that has been trying to go broody again but it's really too late in the year to let her, so I've been taking all the eggs every day. I cleaned out all the leaves and such from under the eucalyptus tree and spread them in the pen like I did last year to cut down on muck from the rain and keep the flies down. It works great.

Some of us are in the process of hatching more NN chick's, so maybe there will be more of this thread soon. @starri33 just hatched some from my flock. @igorsMistress will be getting some of my flock's egg's tomorrow that I started the incubation on. I have 5 NN/RR egg's that I started incubating yesterday in a batch of eggs that I got ahold of.

Back
Top Bottom