Name Your Flock! What do you call your ladies

We refer to our hens as "The Girls" or "The Fluff Butts":

Red Stars:
Amelia (Bedelia)
Celeste (and Babar Elephant)
Super Star (from a song by Stellar Kart)

Black Stars:
Olive (she's black and likes olives)
Susie (named after Susie Derkins in Calvin & Hobbes)

Partridge Rocks:
Tater Tot (not sure what my son was thinking...)
Fawn (cute little speckled thing)
Esther (my eldest picked this name out of the air. She's gimpy and has a crooked neck and a humped shoulder, but is the sweetest one around.)

The chicks are "The Little Peeps":

Speckled Sussex cockerel:
Lincoln Rooster (My son suggested this name when we realized we had a cockerel instead of a pullet. It's a play on the name of Lincoln Brewster, a Christian singer. His original name was Sundae because he looked like chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and peanuts. But we figured if we're just going to have one man he needed a really cool name, not a sissy one.)

Silver Laced Wyandotte:
Petra (this is my husband's chick. He just liked the name. You can lay her on her back and she instantly passes out. I think her nickname should be Squishy.)

RIR:
Tweety (she peeps like the dolphin in Dolphin Tale)

Golden Star:
Praline (she's the color of Pralines & Cream ice cream)

Ancona:
Ellie (named after the botanist in Jurassic Park)

California White x White Leghorn:
Miss Hattie (from Despicable Me)

Silver Leghorn:
Alex (I suggested "mithril", the word for silver in Elvish in Lord of the Rings, but my son thought that was too weird. Not sure how he came up with Alex. This is the same boy who named Esther.)

Buff Orpington:
Molly

My turkeys are referred to as the "clueless bunch".
lau.gif

We've barely got them al named & haven't even thought about naming the flock. I think I'm going to have to steal some of your ideas though, very creative!
wee.gif

We've got a 7yr old who likes to name everything & she loves the ordinary names, for example we got her a bunch of fish for Easter... red bunny, black bunny, yellow bunny
lau.gif

Here's what we have so far...
2 SLW - midnight (the darker one) & star (with more white specks)
amber pullet - goldilocks
AGB - roadrunner (because she doesn't look likea chicken at all!)
godlen sebright - yardbird (was told she was a roo, but not looking like it)
tetra tints - dottie (two dots on back) & still trying on the other one
red pullets & RIRs haven't been named yet, still trying to figure those guys out & waiting to see if one of the RIRs is a roo!

our silkies are candy related. Almond joy, peanut, oreo, twix1and twix2. All except for my older breeding pair of beardless white silkies whose names are Snow White and Charming (who by the way is not so charming right now). We don't name all of our chickens but, we name the really special ones that we really love. My son has a favorite buff brahma banty whose name is butterball. We also have a set of 3 (used to be 4 but the dog got one)- they are actually our first chickens. Jeremy (used to be candice until we found out she was a roo), Perry, Phineous and Ferb.

Back
Top Bottom