Naming our flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sprede, Oct 17, 2018.

1. sprede

sprede In the Brooder

Oct 5, 2018
    Layton Utah
    Ok so this maybe a little cheesy but my wife and I decided we are going to name each of our hens. Thought it would be fun to post on here and get peoples thoughts on names. Here is an image of the breed types we got and what they will look like full grown after this winter. This is what we have chosen so far but would like to hear everyone else's ideas of names.

1. Cortez (named after our dog who died just recently)
    2. Ruby Red
    3. Thelma
    4. Louise
    5. Dixie Chick
    6. Big Momma
    7. America

future flock.jpeg

2. NoFlyBackFarm

NoFlyBackFarm Crowing

Aug 6, 2018
    Pilesgrove, New Jersey
    Those are good names and all thirty three of my hens and roosters have names! Don't worry!;)

townchicks, WhoDatChick and sprede like this.
  3. sprede

sprede In the Brooder

Oct 5, 2018
    Layton Utah
    WOW!! I am curious what all their names are?

townchicks and WhoDatChick like this.
  4. WhoDatChick

WhoDatChick Crowing

Sep 6, 2018
    Nawlins, Louisiana
    D9345F8F-8F38-46ED-ABA1-412C025E482A.jpeg Hi! Most people on here name their chickens! Here’s mine;)
    The names you’ve picked are good:thumbsup

5. Farmgirl1878

Farmgirl1878 Songster

Mar 17, 2017
    Piketon, Ohio
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one who’s named her birds...

My birds hatched on 4/15/18 are Attila (GLW), Captain (SLW), Scratch (SLW), Goldie (GLW), Peebles (SLW), NB (a RIR aka Nasty Butt or No Biting!), and Sheldon - my NHR (all pullets). The SLW cockerel is LJ (aka Little Javier).

My female chicks that hatched on 7/16/18 are named Miss Butterfly (a Salmon Faverolle), Little Blue (blue Cochin), David “Hop-along” Cassidy (a light Brahma - don’t ask, we thought she was the BLRW male chick!), Elvira (BJG), HR Puffinstuff aka Puff (EE), big Bertha (EE), and Dotty (a Speckled Sussex). The BLRW cockerel is named Flash.

6. sprede

sprede In the Brooder

Oct 5, 2018
    Layton Utah
    Love those names! My wife and I thought they were brilliant.

townchicks and Farmgirl1878 like this.
  7. Coop de Grass

Coop de Grass Songster

:weeThose are great names!

All of my chickens have had names! :celebrateIt started with a Bielfelder hen who became Jessica Biel, but then I couldn't think of any other Biel names, so the other Bielefelder hens became Schnitzel and Strudel. The Roo was Kaiser roll! The Cream crested legbars had English names, the French Black Copper Marans roo was Voltaire. I could go on and on!!! Those were some of my first flock. I now have different hens and no roos. They are all named, except for 1 Welbar pullet who is 12 weeks old... I haven't figure her out yet!

Oh! I have to share this... I had 3 wheaten ameraucana hens. My neighbor's son looked at 1 and said she was Maggie Hatcher! So her sisters became Toni Blair, and Winnie Churchill! The next 1 became Hendira Ghandi... I love naming my hens! :love

8. Stacyoung13

Stacyoung13 Songster

Apr 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I named mine by the flavor they will be cooked, lol !!!
    Cajun, Smokey, Candy & Honey Glaze, BBQ (BB for short), Nugget, ect....

townchicks, fldiver97, sprede and 2 others like this.
  9. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    I named two after actresses. Sophia after Sophia Laren and Hedy after Hedy Lemar. Goldie after husbands mother and Josephina beginning of my flock. I thought about flock name but so far just named my hens. :)

townchicks, fldiver97, sprede and 2 others like this.
  10. Sobek

Sobek Chirping

Aug 12, 2018
    My girls are named sunshine, Raven, Carnelian and chicken nugget lol. Raven just layed a MASSIVE egg today... I was cuddling with her and she was screaming while she laid it... :eek:

townchicks, fldiver97, sprede and 3 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: