Naming our flock

sprede

Chirping
Oct 5, 2018
Layton Utah
Ok so this maybe a little cheesy but my wife and I decided we are going to name each of our hens. Thought it would be fun to post on here and get peoples thoughts on names. Here is an image of the breed types we got and what they will look like full grown after this winter. This is what we have chosen so far but would like to hear everyone else's ideas of names.

1. Cortez (named after our dog who died just recently)
2. Ruby Red
3. Thelma
4. Louise
5. Dixie Chick
6. Big Momma
7. America

future flock.jpeg

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who’s named her birds...

My birds hatched on 4/15/18 are Attila (GLW), Captain (SLW), Scratch (SLW), Goldie (GLW), Peebles (SLW), NB (a RIR aka Nasty Butt or No Biting!), and Sheldon - my NHR (all pullets). The SLW cockerel is LJ (aka Little Javier).

My female chicks that hatched on 7/16/18 are named Miss Butterfly (a Salmon Faverolle), Little Blue (blue Cochin), David “Hop-along” Cassidy (a light Brahma - don’t ask, we thought she was the BLRW male chick!), Elvira (BJG), HR Puffinstuff aka Puff (EE), big Bertha (EE), and Dotty (a Speckled Sussex). The BLRW cockerel is named Flash.

Ok so this maybe a little cheesy but my wife and I decided we are going to name each of our hens. Thought it would be fun to post on here and get peoples thoughts on names. Here is an image of the breed types we got and what they will look like full grown after this winter. This is what we have chosen so far but would like to hear everyone else's ideas of names.

1. Cortez (named after our dog who died just recently)
2. Ruby Red
3. Thelma
4. Louise
5. Dixie Chick
6. Big Momma
7. America

View attachment 1563436
:weeThose are great names!

All of my chickens have had names! :celebrateIt started with a Bielfelder hen who became Jessica Biel, but then I couldn't think of any other Biel names, so the other Bielefelder hens became Schnitzel and Strudel. The Roo was Kaiser roll! The Cream crested legbars had English names, the French Black Copper Marans roo was Voltaire. I could go on and on!!! Those were some of my first flock. I now have different hens and no roos. They are all named, except for 1 Welbar pullet who is 12 weeks old... I haven't figure her out yet!

Oh! I have to share this... I had 3 wheaten ameraucana hens. My neighbor's son looked at 1 and said she was Maggie Hatcher! So her sisters became Toni Blair, and Winnie Churchill! The next 1 became Hendira Ghandi... I love naming my hens! :love

Back
Top Bottom