NAMPA, ID

Yes Megan it is against code but I know your neighbor and I don't think she is going to tell ;0)

Ok, so just to clarify, I don't need a permit to have chickens in my backyard? I'm new to all of this and would greatly appreciate the feedback. :)

hi neighbor,

you can go on line to the city of Nampa and get the answer first hand or.......
I belive you are allowed up to 3 chickens.......no rosters. the city charges a fee for the permit.
now I don't know about if you live in a subdivision that has restrictions by the home owners assn.
hope this helps. mc chicken.

Hey hi everyone!
I was just trying to figure out if I could keep 2 hens or not, it looks like from what you are saying it isn't a problem. YAAY! I just moved to King's road estates (SQueens DR) does anyone live around there?? I have never kept chickens before and would love any input!
Thanks much in advance!
Kerry

hi.....glad to help if I can. I live near the airport so we are not far apart.
call me at 442-0139 my name is 'MAC' McInnis.

Current code: http://www.cityofnampa.us/DocumentCenter/View/188/Zoning-Ch-21-Animal-Regulationspdf?bidId=

Summarizing, still reflect the previous stated code:

10-21-2: AGRICULTURAL ANIMALS:
...Limited to one "large" animal per ten thousand (10,000) square feet or two (2) "medium sized" animals per ten thousand (10,000) square feet… (1 /2 per 10k of additional land) in open pasture, grazing… shall exclude all structures except for barns, stables, and like structures … etc

10-21-3: AGRICULTURAL ANIMALS AS PETS:
“Agricultural" MAY be kept, in limited quantity, as pets on single-family residential properties within the residential zones (RA, RS, RD, RML, RMH and RP) …with the following provisions:

A. Said animal(s) shall not include… bees, roosters, peacocks, horses (miniature types ok), goats, sheep, donkeys, mules, llamas, alpacas, emus, ostriches, rheas, or turkeys.
B. Regardless of lot size, the number… allowed shall be in addition to the number of dogs or pigs
C. REGARDLESS of residentially zoned property (lot/parcel) SIZE, the following agricultural animals SHALL be allowed as pets with the maximum number allowable noted after the notation of type of animal (NOTE that offspring UNDER 9 MONTHS of age DO NOT COUNT

Chickens (no roosters)- 10
Ducks- 2
Miniature horses/pygmy goats- 1
Potbellied pigs- See subsection D of this section
Rabbits or similar (e.g., chinchillas- 4

IN NO CASE shall a property owner care and keep a combination of more 3
Example: 10 chickens, 4 rabbits, & 1 miniature horse, PLUS any dogs / potbellied pigs
D. Potbellied pigs… max 2 in LIEU of, not PLUS dogs. If a person has A dog, they may only have 1 potbellied pig.
E. Qualifying animal(s) kept… shall be kept/maintained in a healthy, nuisance free condition, quiet, do damage property, etc
F. Buildings… enclosures, etc (NOT perimeter fencing) shall be set back at least 30' from property line & 50' from any residential structures

G. Buildings… enclosures, etc (NOT perimeter fencing) housing chickens, ducks, rabbits etc shall be set back at least 5' from any property line… NOT within any required front yard setback
H. …disposal of manure, etc… odors, flies
I. No person shall permit any agricultural animal to run at large

10-21-4: APIARIES:
1. 2 hives to every parcel under 10,000 Sq Ft. or fraction thereof… (1 per 10k of additional land).
2. No hive within (25') of any property line… except where a solid barrier through which bees cannot fly, at least six feet (6') in height

10-21-5: EXOTIC OR WILD ANIMAL REGULATIONS:
Animals not listed in the agricultural, exotic, or pet animal… may reasonably constitute a nuisance or danger to humanity, etc… allowed ONLY by issuance of a conditional use permit.

Any way we can get this simplified a little to just allowing all "small fowl". Nothing wrong with Royal Palm turkeys, they're like giant chickens!
And give pygmy goats full parity with pigs & dogs? (are residential dogs limited to only two?)

Back
Top Bottom