Nascar chicken, very lethargic, not eating/drinking

I let a droplet form at the end, and set it on their tongue and then they typically lap it up, I don't force anything down, just gently force the beak open.

I let a droplet form at the end, and set it on their tongue and then they typically lap it up, I don't force anything down, just gently force the beak open.

:thumbsup

That's how you do it. Hopefully you can get her to drink on her own soon though. I nursed a uterine infection back from the brink of death. It was remarkable. I was sure she was going to die, but antibiotics and feeding her very often helped. We made a very liquidy mash out of crumble, warm water and antibiotics. She slowly swallowed and it took a long time to feed her each time. The antibiotics started to work after day 4 I believe. By day 6 she was eating and drinking and roosting.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704699/egg-bound-help-needed
Here is my thread about my hen.

Last edited:
I mixed up some chicken gatorade, She must not have liked it's flavor because she went over to the regular water bowl and drank like a champ! Now to get some food in her. She did make a bigger poo while I was "watering" her, it had its normal look to it, a little watery but still green and white.

I mixed up some chicken gatorade, She must not have liked it's flavor because she went over to the regular water bowl and drank like a champ! Now to get some food in her. She did make a bigger poo while I was "watering" her, it had its normal look to it, a little watery but still green and white.

How green is the poo?

That's a good sign! Let her eat what ever floats her boat. Anything is better than nothing.

A normal green color for chicken poo, I do let the flock free range, so their poo has always been a little more green than the non-range birds.

This is the freshest poo she has dropped.

It looks a lot different that the one I saw earlier... That one had more green in a normal type poo setting like a big ball? this one is about the same color green, just waterier, I felt her crop too, and there is food in there, some crumbles that she has access to at all times.

The picture doesn't enlarge very big, but I see possible worms? Maybe I'm seeing things.. The poop otherwise looks normal.

Urite is white and not yellow which is a good thing.

Is she showing any improvement or worsening?

Back
Top Bottom