Nasty big long worm in chicken poop

That's not entirely true. :oops: Flubenvet (flubendazole) is not approved for laying hens in the US, it's approved for laying hens in the UK.

However, fenbendazole (Safeguard) *is* approved for laying hens in the US.

That is very good news, and I thank you Ma'am (edited).

The UK/US difference in approval for layers points out, once again, that the USA and UK are two countries divided by more than a common language, as Patton said.

Last edited:
That is very good news, and I thank you Sir.

The UK/US difference in approval for layers points out, once again, that the USA and UK are two countries divided by more than a common language, as Patton said.
Sir Pony is a hen.:D

OK ladies and gentlemen,
The CEO (chicken executive officer) of our marriage has spoken. She wants to try Flubenvet, because eggs may still be consumed. I found this post from 2010, which I won't necropost
SNIP

Well, well, well. The CEO is earning her golden parachute and stock options today. A little research and she determined that Flubenvet contains almost exactly the same active ingredient as Safeguard. So we went to the local feed store and got some Safeguard. And....it says it's made in Europe on the bottle.

Now I need some little martini glasses with umbrellas in them, to entice the hens to drink that concoction...

Well, well, well. The CEO is earning her golden parachute and stock options today. A little research and she determined that Flubenvet contains the same active ingredient as Safeguard. So we went to the local feed store and got some Safeguard. Now I need some little martini glasses with umbrellas in them, to entice the hens to drink that concoction...
Yes, they are the same, but goat stuff is half as concentrated (10% vs 20%).
The egg laying dose is 1 mg/kg for five consecutive days, and that works out to about 0.0045 ml per pound of body weight for five days, which is about 0.0227 ml per five pound chicken (about one drop).

Edited for typos.

Last edited:
. A little research and she determined that Flubenvet contains almost exactly the same active

Yes, they are the same, but goat stuff is half as concentrated

Oops, I misread. :oops: they are not the same. Don't know what I was thinking. :oops:
One is fenbendazole, the other is flubendazole. Your CEO IS correct though, they are very similar.

Back
Top Bottom