Nasty Cool Whip Commercial

I agree with Clucky. It's disgusting. Who knows what the dog came in contact with? I've seen my dog lick himself, and I personally think its gross. JMHO.

not to mention the dead squirrel he just ate five minutes prior - or the slain wild bird filled with live maggots that he had just consumed prior to licking at the ice cream. I'm not trying to be gross, but these things are true (ours find dead critters all the time that I have to wrestle away from them). Mostly it's baby squirrels or birds that have fallen out of the nest - but the maggot issue is very real and so are the diseases these carcasses are host to.

Last edited:
not to mention the dead squirrel he just ate five minutes prior - or the slain wild bird filled with live maggots that he had just consumed prior to licking at the ice cream. I'm not trying to be gross, but these things are true (ours find dead critters all the time that I have to wrestle away from them). Mostly it's baby squirrels or birds that have fallen out of the nest - but the maggot issue is very real and so are the diseases these carcasses are host to.
That would gross me out too, but I haven't seen the commercial and rarely watch television. I'm not a germaphobe in general, don't use hand sanitizers and got plenty dirty playing outside growing up.. still do actually! But when we're talking about food, I'm right there with good old soap and warm water. My cats are not allowed in the kitchen because I know where their paws have been and I don't want that on the counters..
sickbyc.gif

That would gross me out too, but I haven't seen the commercial and rarely watch television. I'm not a germaphobe in general, don't use hand sanitizers and got plenty dirty playing outside growing up.. still do actually! But when we're talking about food, I'm right there with good old soap and warm water. My cats are not allowed in the kitchen because I know where their paws have been and I don't want that on the counters..
sickbyc.gif

Exactly! You get it! I very rarely wash my hands even. lol I wash my hands after I use the bathroom - and I wash them whenever I'm going to be in contact with food. Other than that I'm actually pretty lackadaisical when it comes to germs.

Exactly! You get it! I very rarely wash my hands even. lol I wash my hands after I use the bathroom - and I wash them whenever I'm going to be in contact with food. Other than that I'm actually pretty lackadaisical when it comes to germs.
Same here! I'm really surprised they used footage like that for a commercial.
th.gif

Maybe I'll have to check out Monsters Inside Me. That sounds pretty interesting.

Bah.. I have 2 big slobbery dogs.. (Saint Bernard, Newfoundland), and also a goldendoodle. I dont sweat the small things, like picking up a dog toy... if i did i'd be nuts by now.. :p
Now if some stranger sneezed on my plate of food..i'd not be a happy camper.. :eek:

Exactly! You get it!  I very rarely wash my hands even.  lol  I wash my hands after I use the bathroom - and I wash them whenever I'm going to be in contact with food.  Other than that I'm actually pretty lackadaisical when it comes to germs.

Hmm.. now see, i worked in the health care field for many years,..and one thing i do a LOT is wash my hands..
Force of habit i guess..
But i'm not worried about catching anything from my dogs..
Humans are MUCH more filthy...A human bite is one of the worst bites you can have...nasty..nasty!
Anyways... did she grab the pie with her whole hand or something? lol

Monsters Inside Me is a good show to watch if you think people are germaphobes over washing our hands. I don't care if dogs have some of the cleanest mouths, that's how you get parasites. Would you eat the pie after the dog licked it after eating poop? I didn't think so.

Back
Top Bottom