Nasty Cool Whip Commercial

I think some are taking what I said to extremes in regard to germs. lol  The commercial shows this woman serving pie to her family...touching it with her hands...after she handles this dog toy.  I just found it absolutely appalling that an actual nationwide commercial of a well-known dessert treat ---- would make a commercial like this and nobody in the studio picked up on the germs coming in contact with the pie.  It was like it was just an every day thing that happens all over the place now.  Maybe it is - and maybe I'm just old and not aware of what's been going on in kitchens across America since I was little but dang...my mother would never touch food she was preparing for us if she had unknown germs all over her hands.

It was just...yuck to me.

I just saw the commercial. She didn't touch the food after tossing the dog toy.. she only touched the can and the plate..

I suppose there COULD be one out there showing her handling the actual food..... but in this one the pie was already sliced and on the plates when the dog toy was handed to her.

Yep people & monkeys are the worst possible bites.. talk about filled with cooties & germs.... I am all about hygiene - the need to shower daily & wash my hands a lot but not as freaked out over dog germs than i am a menu, door knob ect. People are way dirtier!!!!!

I actually heard somewhere that dogs have cleaner mouths then people...

I actually heard somewhere that dogs have cleaner mouths then people...
I've heard that too. And it's misleading. The actual finding was that a dog's mouth generally has fewer types of germs than humans' mouths. Not that they are cleaner, but there aren't as many different types of germs. I would be grossed out if someone did what the lady in the commercial did too. After all, I don't know of any humans that eat from the cat litter box or lick their own behinds...

lau.gif

To the OP - have you seen the one where the little girl is holding a spoon of something (maybe cool whip?) and the dog is licking it - then grandma comes back in the room and she holds up the spoon and smiling grandma licks it too?
sickbyc.gif
gig.gif

SOOooooo something I would've done as a kid. ...actually, I can think of a person or two that I'd be temped to do it to now...
wink.png

not me.

dogs mouths "might" be cleaner than humans..

dogs eat their own waste and vomit....
sickbyc.gif

cant remember when I ate my own waste and vomit....
th.gif
sickbyc.gif

so I think I have a cleaner mouth...I brush my teeth for like 15 minutes every morning and night.
yesss.gif

Cheese and rice it's a commercial for cool wipe and they have 30 seconds to get their message out. If they spend half the time washing hands then they wont get their message out. It wasn't a commercial for food safety for god sake. You don't like the commercial don't watch it and certainly don't go out of your way to watch it then complain about it.

pop.gif

And I'm eating the popcorn after petting my dog.

I just saw the commercial. She didn't touch the food after tossing the dog toy.. she only touched the can and the plate..
I suppose there COULD be one out there showing her handling the actual food..... but in this one the pie was already sliced and on the plates when the dog toy was handed to her.
Do companies often edit commercials to exclude a portion of the entire commercial? She was touching the pie in the commercial I saw.
Cheese and rice it's a commercial for cool wipe and they have 30 seconds to get their message out. If they spend half the time washing hands then they wont get their message out. It wasn't a commercial for food safety for god sake. You don't like the commercial don't watch it and certainly don't go out of your way to watch it then complain about it.

pop.gif

And I'm eating the popcorn after petting my dog.
rude much? *blocks* If I want to watch a commercial and go out of my way to whinge about it on a "random ramblings" forum ... I will. I could just as easily say to "You don't like the thread don't read it and certainly don't go out of your way to chastise the poster."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom