Native American Heritage Anyone?

Blackfoot.
smile.png

big_smile.png
You go girl. I traced my European heritage all through the English, Scotish, French, Spanish and a few assorted others. All were aristocrats or royallty on my moms side. All my American ancestors were here since 1609 was the earliest. She was a baby born in the Virginia colony. I struggle with the fact my ancestors all fought and or persecuted each other. Makes you wonder what the heck happened to my family.

Let's see.
I'm mostly Irish, since they were all the full blood immigrants. Then there was a dash of German and Dutch, also immigrants. Then my Native American mix
lol.png

Which is:
Lakota
Cherokee
Chippewa

My deceased Aunt did our family tree as a young adult (where it is now, who knows) and we are 'supposedly' related to Sitting Bull himself. Weird.

sad.png

Quote:
I find it sad that so much family history has been lost.

sad.png
That's why doing the family tree and history is so important to me. All the family I have met through research are at least 2 generations older than me. I love their stories about the Texas Rangers, Jayhawker attacks and alot of others. My children will know who they come from.
smile.png

Quote:
I find it sad that so much family history has been lost.

sad.png
That's why doing the family tree and history is so important to me. All the family I have met through research are at least 2 generations older than me. I love their stories about the Texas Rangers, Jayhawker attacks and alot of others. My children will know who they come from.
smile.png

My DIL is hoping to be able to visit with her grandmother this winter and try and write down the little bits that she knows. Even she doesn't know very much since her mom was so quiet about it. I told her she needs to visit with her great aunts and uncles too. Their mother may have let different little tid-bits slip with each one of them. Maybe between them all we can find out enough to help in our research. I love doing family history stuff. No native in me that I know of, but I have traced my mother's side back to the 1600's here in the US.

She needs to do it quick you never know life twists and turns. I always heard the stories about Robert E lee being a cousin or the Dollarhides running moonshine. Then I do my research and find Thomas Jefferson's big sis was my Grandma and we have a colorful asst. of Kings and Queens. I have a time reconciling Jefferson's role in the removal. We so hijacked the thread. I'm sorry.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom