Natural remedies for anxiety.

I second time away from humans. As of late all my anxiety revolves around the extended family. I go hide with the goats when it gets rough. Its so hard to feel stressed or even to have an anxiety attack when you have one cuddling you, or head butting you. The cuddling is more helpful though. There are times I will be found by the hubby sitting on hay bales, a goat on either side of me with their heads in my lap, and deep in prayer. Those are the best times.

You might try guided meditations for anxiety. I have had success with those.

mmmm guided meditation too. I find I cannot focus at all when I am anxious. I have to be led through the steps to relax. These have really helped. I have a cd but the womans voice is creepy. Gave me nightmares. I found some on u tube I liked one is by someone called wanderingmaster and he has a guided meditation for anxiety and fear reduction. The guys voice is a bit wonky I think but I seem to do really well with his voice. Its not all smooth and manipulative, its normal and relaxing I think. So you might try something like that or buy a dvd or cd.

Knitting. Leaning how to knit may not be the most relaxing thing there is but once the hands have the muscle memory knitting becomes relaxing. This past year I learned how to use a spinning wheel to make yarn. It is even more meditative. Walking and quiet time with the animals makes for a good balance.

Exercise releases chemicals to relax.Valerian,catnip, and kava kava are herbs I recall. I would go with the exercise first.Simple walking no massive cardio needed.

My cure for anxiety........ I normally leave hubby at home and go do something I love....
wink.png
. Like horseback riding in the woods.....
bow.gif
Me too!

I've been having a lot of anxiety lately myself, but I'm pretty sure receiving the last letter of recommendation I need to complete my veterinary school applications will cure most of my anxiety ailments! Ugh, it has been a rough few weeks since I am relying on others to conplete something very, very important to me.

Anyway, I wish I could be of more help. I don't often have the time for things like meditation, but exercise does help. I used to walk on a treadmill when my emotions were running rampant and it did wonders to calm me down. I recently bought an elliptical and once it is all put together, I hope it will have the same effect.

I've yet to find anything to help with my anxiety/fear of having blood drawn. I think that will always be a huge issue for me and if there was some miracle drug I could take to cure me of that, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I think most of that anxiety is mental though and I'm not sure I'll ever get over it.

I have found that a relaxing hobby like walking, reading, crocheting, ect helps me. When I feel it comming on I just do something that will take my mind off things and relax for a while and it really helps. The walking is a great way to cope...it gets your mind off stuff and also helps by getting exersize.

You might also look at your diet. I am still struggling a bit but I cut out ALL caffeine and junk food. I feel a difference in my moods. Not 100% but it helped.

You also might try deep breathing. ( push out the belly slowly when inhaling and it comes back in slowly when you exhale, its how babies breathe)

If nothing else has worked though you might try a product called Bach Rescue Remedy. Little vial and nasty wine tasting stuff. I try not to use it often but when i do its effective within 20 or so minutes.

Thanks for all the tips. I have been taking St John's Wort and exercising more and it seems to be helping. I may try some of the other things mentioned also.

Back
Top Bottom