Nebraska State Poultry Show **ITS HERE!! WHOS GOING?**

NewChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Omaha, NE
anyone going?

november 1-2 in lincoln, ne at the state fairgrounds

i'll be there showing and i'll have several birds for sale.

Last edited:
Will be there with silkies and bantam dottes and one Buckeye rooster (hens are molting). The show will be a District Meet for the American Silkie Bantam Club and will have certificates and some small cash award for best silkie. More awards for Juniors with their silkies.

How did you fair in Sedalia? Did you meet some of the other silkie showers there? BB, RB, etc?

do you have any black hens for sale?

i did meet one really nice silkie guy, he's a junior named Gavin. he looked at all my birds and told me which ones to sell and which ones were nice. i bought one of his black hens. i also met the Zimmermans and talked to them about waterfowl.

my partridge hen did the best of all my silkies, beat one of Gavins hens. then my red pyle won RV, the roo that won went on to win best old english and should've won the show. my call ducks also did well, my drake beat some of Zimmerman's birds.

can't wait to meet you at the show! my nephew will be showing for the first time ever with his little white silkie hen.

do you have any info on the show? I cannot seem to find any online.
sad.png

i don't think you can enter anymore, the entries were due the 17th. but it's the 1st and 2nd of november at the state fairgrounds in lincoln, ne. the person to contact is Mary Grabowski, but the contact information for her hasn't worked for me. i'm hoping someone else has the correct information becase whats in the show book is incorrect.

Not sure what is going on with the contact for the Lincoln show. I had someone else tell me they could not get ahold of her for info either. I know she is new this year as the past secretary had been doing the show for 14 years and wanted out to do other things.

I may have a black hen to sell you. She is just getting her crest grown back in.

Good show for you in Sedalia!! How many silkies were there and who won what ? BB RB and BV, RVs?

Maybe looking to sell some of my buff and gray breeders as well. Roosters have not been good for me this year and may just get out of those colors.

Back
Top Bottom