need a corgi name!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by nikki1, Feb 3, 2013.

1. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    Woo-hoo! I met my new dog yesterday, and she comes home on the 17th! She's a brindle and white cardigan welsh corgi (the kind with a tail), and she's almost a year old. Her owner got her as a conformation prospect, but she didn't quite grow out to be a beauty queen, so they're selling her TO ME! My plan is to start with obedience trials, then move on to agility, and maybe dabble in herding. She has great working bloodlines, so we should have a blast.

My problem is that the poor dog's name is Dori...you know, after the blue fish in Finding Nemo who has memory issues. NOT the name I'd have chosen. She's pretty food motivated, so I think I reinforce a name change with her pretty easily, but now I need to think of just the right name.

Since I want to work with her, I'd like to think of something short and snappy. "Tori" would rhyme, but it doesn't seem like quite the thing. Madi maybe? I'd love to hear your ideas!

--Nikki

2. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

You are welcome to use our Corgi's name...........her name was "Cheers"

It fit her perfectly! She never, ever had a bad day :)

[​IMG]

ETA - I got the name from my friend's male Papillon - so the name works both ways!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

BTW - she will learn her new name (no matter what it is) in less than a day. Easy peasy!

Cheers' name was great for both herding and agility....fast to say, un-mistakable, and works with the personality [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by