Need advice/help/experiences,Pekin female cough/voice changes now

I have thought of that also,like the dust from it. But what other kind of bedding can i use? I have thought of everything and researching everything i can. I cant just pin point her symptoms to one thing.
You can use wood shavings. They are thicker than fine pine shavings and don't make as big of a mess. You said you would check to see if she laid any eggs today... Did she?

Asper generally only affects birds that are already sick/weak from something else. Since she is otherwise acting normally (and it has been going on for 3 months), I really don't think that could be it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other answers for you. :( Of course a vet would be best here, but we all understand how difficult/expensive that can be. 

Asper generally only affects birds that are already sick/weak from something else. Since she is otherwise acting normally (and it has been going on for 3 months), I really don't think that could be it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other answers for you. :( Of course a vet would be best here, but we all understand how difficult/expensive that can be. 

She had developed a new symptom. Last night she wouldnt quack when we locked them up. Thats a good sign she doesnt feel well because she is a huge talker.. and she seemed like she was kinda breathing harder then normal. I could see her tail end go slightly up and down. Not alot but noticeable. No sounds of wheezing and no open mouth breathing. Well this morning i let them out and shes back to quacking. But i still notice her tail go up and down when she was standing there drinking. She didnt wanna eat and duck food crumbles but she sure ate her treats (lettuce,peas,mealworms) gobbled those up fast. Its day 4 of oral tylan50 1/2cc. Is there side effects to this med? Its not taking the cough away.
Also i did not see her lay an egg today. So i dont know if she did or not

She had developed a new symptom. Last night she wouldnt quack when we locked them up. Thats a good sign she doesnt feel well because she is a huge talker.. and she seemed like she was kinda breathing harder then normal. I could see her tail end go slightly up and down. Not alot but noticeable. No sounds of wheezing and no open mouth breathing. Well this morning i let them out and shes back to quacking. But i still notice her tail go up and down when she was standing there drinking. She didnt wanna eat and duck food crumbles but she sure ate her treats (lettuce,peas,mealworms) gobbled those up fast. Its day 4 of oral tylan50 1/2cc. Is there side effects to this med? Its not taking the cough away.
Also i did not see her lay an egg today. So i dont know if she did or not
She kept putting her tail up an down and no egg.... Hmmm something must be wrong with her throat which is why she wasn't quacking. And maybe something is wrong with her inside and she can't lay an egg

Now are the wood shavings your talking about cedar or the other bag of pine shavings they have but isnt the fine kind?

Back
Top Bottom