Need advice on silkie chicks colouring ASAP

I took it as one pair of parents producing the white chick and the blue chick, while a different set of parents produced the two black chicks.
Same.. but I don't understand how a blue and a white chick come from the same single pair of parents.. what colors were the parents that threw one blue and one white.. solid chicks? I thought I had a basic concept of these things but this one is evading me.. So either I don't know it or forgot I knew that was a possibility.. fascinated! :pop

ETA: After brightening my screen AND zooming in.. I can see the adorable little NN portions! Yes, apparently I am poor sighted. Cute babies! :love

White and blue do not come from the same genes UNLESS the white looking one is Splash or maybe paint.. but it looks like neither..

To me it sounds like all the parent stock is really mixed up genetically. The OP did not say what these parents looked like, at least I did not see it. One possible explanation is that each parent has one copy of Recessive White and that matched up in the white chick. Maybe one or both parents are split for Dominant White? When genetics are mixed up you can get amazing results. Both parents could be white, maybe neither parent is white.

I took it as one pair of parents producing the white chick and the blue chick, while a different set of parents produced the two black chicks.
Yes sorry maybe i wasnt clear enough.. their postal eggs ...the blue showgirl and white silkie came from one seller selling mixed silkie eggs so thats no suprise to me that i got random colours, but the 2 blacks from another seller were from black parents the seller said shes baffled that i hatched partridges she said thats never happened before both parents defo black and shes never hatched partridges before, she knew i wasnt bothered wat colours i got so i dont think shed lie as i told her i was just informing her incase someone only wants black, but Nyway blacks and partridges are now sold so i will never know wat colour blacks will turn out as, they are going to be pets not showbirds.

To me it sounds like all the parent stock is really mixed up genetically. The OP did not say what these parents looked like, at least I did not see it. One possible explanation is that each parent has one copy of Recessive White and that matched up in the white chick. Maybe one or both parents are split for Dominant White? When genetics are mixed up you can get amazing results. Both parents could be white, maybe neither parent is white.
Seller said parents were black but theres obviously a split somewhere in the genepool , she said shes never hatched partridges from them before . Either shes lying or im just a random mother nature freaky quirk 😆😆😆

Seller said parents were black but theres obviously a split somewhere in the genepool , she said shes never hatched partridges from them before . Either shes lying or im just a random mother nature freaky quirk 😆😆😆
Did you really hatch partridge or are they just black with leakage?

This is a partridge chick..
1603301030471.png
1603301155577.png

Verses black chick..
1603301077960.png

Significant difference!

I've not yet had issues.. with black chicks turning out black.. Leakage is a different issue than splits.. Splits bred to each other will produce 50/50 pures.. not a bunch of leakage.. Just for conversation purposes.. I didn't see ANYTHING looking partridge in your pics.. but then again I also missed seeing the NN at first! :pop

Same.. but I don't understand how a blue and a white chick come from the same single pair of parents.. what colors were the parents that threw one blue and one white.. solid chicks? I thought I had a basic concept of these things but this one is evading me.. So either I don't know it or forgot I knew that was a possibility.. fascinated! :pop

ETA: After brightening my screen AND zooming in.. I can see the adorable little NN portions! Yes, apparently I am poor sighted. Cute babies! :love
Well to be fair its not a full naked neck it has fluffy cheeks and fluff above chest i dont know wat u call these .. part naked neck 🙈

View attachment 2381676View attachment 2381681
Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

I've not yet had issues.. with black chicks turning out black.. Leakage is a different issue than splits.. Splits bred to each other will produce 50/50 pures.. not a bunch of leakage.. Just for conversation purposes.. I didn't see ANYTHING looking partridge in your pics.. but then again I also missed seeing the NN at first! :pop
Ill show you a picture of them

Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

No my partridges wasnt in the pictures i had sold them before i posted this thread ill send u pics of partridges and them all tofet

Sorry something happened so ive posted all wishy washy .. start again .. ill post pictures of the "partridges" 😆 and all 6 together .. so to be clear the 2 blacks and 2 partridges same parents and naked neck and white different parents.

Well to be fair its not a full naked neck it has fluffy cheeks and fluff above chest i dont know wat u call these .. part naked neck 🙈

Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

Ill show you a picture of them

Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

No my partridges wasnt in the pictures i had sold them before i posted this thread

Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

Verses black chick..
View attachment 2381678
Significant difference!

This is wat ive got, their not all together in one sorry, so i sent mish mash

Attachments

• 20201015_165048.jpg
    20201015_165048.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom