Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make him respect me

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Respect him

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
I have had a few Aggressive Roosters, At first I did stupid stuff like kick them and that made them more aggressive. They would stop being aggressive after I kicked them but next time I had my back turned them I would get hit even harder. I read on here where someone suggested I pick them up and pet them until they are calm. So far it has worked, I have many roosters who were aggressive to me once and never again. I also have some that just won't stop and that's what crockpots were made for.

He's not aggressive, he's functional.
Congrats, you have a rooster.
He will crow around you because to him there isn't a reason not to.
You aren't a chicken.
He will chase other dudes "eating his dessert" all of them will no rooster wants a bunch of chicks that aren't his.
No idea why your freind got some tic tac sized abuse but I suspect the old wrong place wrong time scenario was played.:)

Thank you, everybody for your advice.

Over the years I have found human aggression from roosters to be HIGHLY genetic.

At this point I simply refuse to breed any male that isn't safe around kids....
Would taking him keep his children from becoming aggressive or would I have to take several generations?

At the very least, I'd be watching this bird very carefully. While chasing him around wasn't the best ever idea on your friend's part, There's really no excuse, IMO, for any chicken to attack a human.
He's starting to mature, and thinking bad thoughts. I hope no children are out there, so they aren't injured as he gets tougher.
If he is human aggressive, he shouldn't contribute to the gene pool at all.
Mary
I have advised all my friends and family to stay out of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom