Need assistance from Barnevelder experts, PLEASE!!

@Cindyetal, thank you so much for all the information. Awesome, really!! In fact, talking about the yellow, I was just noticing today that my 'splash' cock has YELLOW legs!! This must have happened over the last two or three days. The others appear to be yellowing up as well but slower. So, if I cross my splash with his black laced (standard?) hatch mate I would get all blue chicks??? That would be fantastic.

@Cindyetal, thank you so much for all the information. Awesome, really!! In fact, talking about the yellow, I was just noticing today that my 'splash' cock has YELLOW legs!! This must have happened over the last two or three days. The others appear to be yellowing up as well but slower. So, if I cross my splash with his black laced (standard?) hatch mate I would get all blue chicks??? That would be fantastic.
Yes the splash crossed with a standard will have all blue offspring.

Yes the splash crossed with a standard will have all blue offspring.
It's really interesting how the universe provides! I have been trying to get a blue laced hen FOREVER and failing at each juncture, whether it be badly shipped eggs or only hatching out one blue bird (Wyandotte) and her being a solid blue, no lacing etc. etc. And now I have the possibility of hatching out ONLY blue birds... (barring any disasters, of course). Ask and ye shall receive. It may take a while but I'll get her eventually! :weeThanks again! I am so glad you noticed that he is a splash and not a blue.

I'm really glad you said something @Cindyetal. I've been really wondering if he was a Splash, but I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything. Yay! @oregonkat you can get your blue laced chicks!
Thanks @KikiLeigh02 I know you have been keeping me company on this silly adventure of mine. I will be sure to revisit this post when I have chicks, perhaps in the late spring/early summer if all goes well. Great learning curve being navigated now with all this genetics information, pretty awesome!
Now I just have to figure out another future pen in my enclosure so that I can separate him with this ladies for a little while.... if you know what I mean ;);)

Back
Top Bottom