Need Chicken Love Advice

I’m legitimately autistic, (described as ‘profoundly’ socially impaired) and have no time for fools when it comes to animal care, but even I could blatantly read between the lines here. Even still knocked up could just mean he’s the only male who got her to lay fertile eggs(don’t know why Aunt Angus was talking about laying regardless of mating because knocked up is a clear reference to pregnancy not passing unfertilised ova) and when talking about a boyfriend (a mate) that is not to assume that’s automatically at the exclusion of more girlfriends for both parties; others managed to follow suggesting the rooster would be happier with a few more girlfriends to prevent over mating just in case OP didn’t think of that and evening you were to go to the very extremes of literalness and anthropomorphism I think we’d all agree that we also still benefit from other female companions when in a relationship.

Humans are confusing.

I’m legitimately autistic, (described as ‘profoundly’ socially impaired) and have no time for fools when it comes to animal care, but even I could blatantly read between the lines here. Even still knocked up could just mean he’s the only male who got her to lay fertile eggs(don’t know why Aunt Angus was talking about laying regardless of mating because knocked up is a clear reference to pregnancy not passing unfertilised ova) and when talking about a boyfriend (a mate) that is not to assume that’s automatically at the exclusion of more girlfriends for both parties; others managed to follow suggesting the rooster would be happier with a few more girlfriends to prevent over mating just in case OP didn’t think of that and evening you were to go to the very extremes of literalness and anthropomorphism I think we’d all agree that we also still benefit from other female companions when in a relationship.

Humans are confusing.
I don’t understand how the was confusing when it seems you understood everything I meant. I think it’s pretty funny how people think I legitimately anthropomorphized my chicken when it was only a joke. I hope you’ve seen the many times I’ve said I have females for her, and that this post is not my proclamation of cockerel supremacy. It’s just: “how do I get a well tempered rooster?”, that’s all. You’re right, humans are confusing.

As someone who has been a member of this site for years, I can tell you that there are folks who post who really do think hens need "boyfriends" and think chickens have needs similar to humans. And some who have posted think that chickens get pregnant. And OP *did* say that there was only the one hen. So, yeah.

Sorry to be "confusing." Not sure what being on the Autism spectrum has to do with anything, but more power to you.

I don’t understand how the was confusing when it seems you understood everything I meant. I think it’s pretty funny how people think I legitimately anthropomorphized my chicken when it was only a joke. I hope you’ve seen the many times I’ve said I have females for her, and that this post is not my proclamation of cockerel supremacy. It’s just: “how do I get a well tempered rooster?”, that’s all. You’re right, humans are confusing.
We answered your question once we understood that you aren't a moron.

Humans are confusing.
@aart Hey you guys, this is my confession to the kind of lifestyle my chicken lives. I’ve attached the horrendous photos, and I hope you all can come to forgive me. I’m so…… sorry…

Attachments

• 9DB171E0-F955-49D6-86D4-E33BF58E1772.jpeg
    9DB171E0-F955-49D6-86D4-E33BF58E1772.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 819B155F-21CB-47FE-8571-A6D1E7DFDAA6.jpeg
    819B155F-21CB-47FE-8571-A6D1E7DFDAA6.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2B3D4A5C-CBA5-4B3D-A727-66D7CC69BFF6.jpeg
    2B3D4A5C-CBA5-4B3D-A727-66D7CC69BFF6.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 05FF09D6-A9C9-4736-B0C6-1FA386A8C5EA.jpeg
    05FF09D6-A9C9-4736-B0C6-1FA386A8C5EA.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 4C39B783-E4BD-418F-A96D-BA6361CE18B0.jpeg
    4C39B783-E4BD-418F-A96D-BA6361CE18B0.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2
I’ve got a hen in need of some loving. I tried a rooster health issues that absolutely loved her. He followed her everywhere and was the only guy who knocked her up.

My plan is to grow the perfect boyfriend for my girl. I’ve arranged to get a male chick in a week. What should I do to make him nice to her, and like her?
I don't understand your statement "the only guy who knocked her up". Do you mean she isn't laying eggs? That has nothing to do with having a rooster. I think you would be much better off to get a couple of pullets. She needs other chickens since they are a flock animal but getting a " rooster" for one hen is not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom