Need help ASAP duckling stuck

Hi AA! Just wanted to share that we went through the same grueling process literally at the same time as you - up for two nights in a row helping four of our five ducks hatch - all having pipped early (and externally instead of internally) malpositioned :( . In retrospect I think our humidity in a Brinsea incubator was too low all along but we managed to help 4/5 out and they’re doing well now. It’s our first time!

Your ducklings look like ours! What breed is that? Ours are supposed to be khaki campbells but I don’t think they’re pure because of the yellow! Cute anyway :) hope your newly hatched flock is doing well!

Attachments

• 4D478E0B-4552-47F7-AB8E-A0AA12652E15.jpeg
    4D478E0B-4552-47F7-AB8E-A0AA12652E15.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 0DC12199-78D4-4711-ADAF-4E7E8872832E.jpeg
    0DC12199-78D4-4711-ADAF-4E7E8872832E.jpeg
    555.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2C1402FF-EAED-4B9E-A52A-ECCADAEAF12B.jpeg
    2C1402FF-EAED-4B9E-A52A-ECCADAEAF12B.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 6
  • A9A6BBFE-0D2F-4961-B28C-787058B1BEA0.jpeg
    A9A6BBFE-0D2F-4961-B28C-787058B1BEA0.jpeg
    854.5 KB · Views: 6
  • B0C783C1-BC01-4113-A343-D442AB1106E4.jpeg
    B0C783C1-BC01-4113-A343-D442AB1106E4.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi AA! Just wanted to share that we went through the same grueling process literally at the same time as you - up for two nights in a row helping four of our five ducks hatch - all having pipped early (and externally instead of internally) malpositioned :( . In retrospect I think our humidity in a Brinsea incubator was too low all along but we managed to help 4/5 out and they’re doing well now. It’s our first time!

Your ducklings look like ours! What breed is that? Ours are supposed to be khaki campbells but I don’t think they’re pure because of the yellow! Cute anyway :) hope your newly hatched flock is doing well!
I’m so glad your little ones are doing well!
This was my first hatch too, learnt a lot.
This one I helped hatch is pure runner. But I also hatched khaki campbell/runner mixes that I sold.

I only kept two of the 8 I hatched. Obviously this one that I helped and then an all black khaki/runner mix because I thought the ducking looked cool! They will join the rest of my flock when they are older.

yours are definitely not pure khaki. Not sure what they are mixed with though, but they are adorable!!

This will help me out if I ever come up against it when hatching chicks or ducks. I'll be getting an incubator soon so I have a lot to look forward to. Thanks for the good advice. Hope your duckling is doing well .

I have 7 Rouens now that are over a month old and 5 more that are 2 weeks old . they grow very fast .The one's that are a month old look like their grown. They are all doing well. I ordered these for the first time ,but hope to be able to incubate some later. this thread will be good if I ever need help with a duck or chick that may get stuck while hatching. This was very informative.

I have 7 Rouens now that are over a month old and 5 more that are 2 weeks old . they grow very fast .The one's that are a month old look like their grown. They are all doing well. I ordered these for the first time ,but hope to be able to incubate some later. this thread will be good if I ever need help with a duck or chick that may get stuck while hatching. This was very informative.
They do grow fast!
yes, I hope this does help others as well as myself if I ever encounter this problem again.

Ok so I wet him with warm water as I go?
I've hatched a lot of ducklings, geese and emus and ostriches. I would be helping him out with warm water a little as you go. I hope he survives. There shouldn't be much yolk left he looks like he's ready. If his yolk sac is inside then once he's out I'd give him a little bath to get off the rest of the membrane so he's free, only in warm water though, no soap. Carole

Back
Top Bottom