Need help changing the ordinance in Wylie, Tx.

lpranna

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Texas
I knew it was against the city ordinance, but I took a chance and started raising 3 RIR. Well 5 months in someone in my neighborhood called animal control. My hens are kept in a large dog kennel with a top, it's clean and very comfortable for my ladies. The cities surrounding Wylie all have chickens allowed with no more than 2 or 3 and no rosters. What can I do to get this changed. I don't want to send my hens away. My kids love them as much as our family dog. They have been producing 1 egg each everyday. Please any suggestion would be great.

Agreed. My hens cackle or "sing" when they lay or are done laying, which in my opinion is no different than a dog barking non-stop. I'm trying.

Just wondering if there has been any progress or new information regarding the ordinance in Wylie, TX? I'll be moving into the area in a few months so I'm very interested in the current status in Wylie, thanks.

Hi, I know this is an old thread. I am currently fighting the council for the ordinance change in Wylie. If you still live here, show up this evening at 6pm! I'll be at every council meeting until it's resolved!

Back
Top Bottom