Need help edentifying a bird

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
I work at a zoo and the owner just got these birds in an i have no idea as to what they are , He told me the name but i couldnt understand him that well as he doesnt speak the greatest english . . I know he said somehting that sounded like it started wih a C or K but then again i may be wrong .They laid an egg and he gave it to me to incubate so i need to find out what kind of bird it is

The egg is the size of a big goose egg , and off white

The birds are about the size of a female turkey and the females have a brownigh red color with black under belly i believe
they also have feathers on there hed like muscovy do that go up but they are a longer feather but not as long as a cockatoos

The male has a big yellow knob at the begining of his beak like a malse swan has

They eat fish

ANy one have any idea

Sounds like an albino turkey crossed with a muscovy duck, with just a little bit of swan mixed in.
smile.png
I really dont know, but it sounds pretty interesting, do you have any pics of the birds you can upload?

Tony that is the site i was loooking at . I thought it was what you were saying but then i seem pics of the great curassow

Any body know the incubation temp and humidity for these guys ?

Back
Top Bottom