Need help identifying rabbits color/breed!!!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Farm girl 1465, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Farm girl 1465

Farm girl 1465 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2007
    We adopted a young Buck named Joey from our local shelter about 3 weeks ago....He is about 19 months now.....The shelter's description says, Rabbit/ ,White/ Black/ Spotted,......no other info [​IMG] He is median size...about half size of our Flemish Giant, about 8 month doe, but larger than 5 yr old mini rex buck....his ears stand up straight and has a big fluffy tail [​IMG] ...His grayish and tinted brown spots are unorganized and don't look like the standard broken pattern to me but.....[​IMG] The front half of his body is mostly white except for a small string of dots running down his spine....The magority of his ears are dappled with grey speckles...he also has ruby-like eyes (They only seem to shine red when in certain light)
    For more help see pics below. There are full body, and close up pics of each side...There is also a front veiw and general veiw of his body type when rlaxed...
    (sorry they are slightly darker and appear more dull then the real thing) [​IMG]

Just curious what breed and color pattern this charming little boy is?

Thanks for all your Help and Information!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    broken blue rex x?

3. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    English spot x Flemish Giant OR Flemish Giant x Mini rex hmmmmm?!

4. Momaha

Momaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Sooner Nation WWHQ
    I am to new to rabbits to comment on the breed. That main reason I wanted to respond was to say good for you rescuing that little guy! What a beautiful picture of him (third from the top) from animal shelter to hopping through the grass. You made a difference in his life!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The hair is too long to be a rex, but it appears to be a mix. How much does it weigh?

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:X2.. so a Broken.. mix of some sort

7. Tab003

Tab003 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    English Spot.

Check out English Spot on the ARBA Page.

8. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    It has some English Spot in it, maybe some American or New Zealand as well?

9. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    I could be wrong, I often am, but he reminds me of a harlequin/ white New Zealand/ ? mix we had. The dad was a Magpie Harlequin the mom was a big broken red rabbit, the size of a newzealand. Just throwing in my two cents worth. Whatever he is, he is a beautiful rabbit!

10. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Hard to say...but the markings remind me of rhinelander, checkered giant, english spot...very cute bun, though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by