Need help identifying this breed

Pics
Just calling it as I see it Jade... What I see is a whole bunch of people being rather forceful about "making" this woman accept their views and getting rude with her when she doesn't. (And yes I know orps vs cochs is a joke - I participated in it remember :) )
Well we’re sorry if it sounds like bullying but we are not bullying. Bullying is trying to offend people, we’re just stating the facts.

Well we’re sorry if it sounds like bullying but we are not bullying. Bullying is trying to offend people, we’re just stating the facts.
We are all so intent on being helpful, and wanting to be sure that our good advice is heard, that we forget that collectively we all make a rather imposing bunch! Poor OP has been backed into a corner with several of us banging our pots at her. Little wonder she spoke out as she did.

Id love to see the results of a DNA test :O never seen them done on a chicken before!
I used to DNA test my parrot babies. It's as easy as posting an eligible feather to a local lab that offers DNA sexing services. A short time later you get a letter confirming the sex! No stress or fuss and no guessing :) I'd *highly* recommend it. I cannot remember the cost but I don't recall it being too prohibitive.

I used to DNA test my parrot babies. It's as easy as posting an eligible feather to a local lab that offers DNA sexing services. A short time later you get a letter confirming the sex! No stress or fuss and no guessing :) I'd *highly* recommend it. I cannot remember the cost but I don't recall it being too prohibitive.
I know people with silkies usually say about 25$.

I think it's a girl, based on the lacing. At least SLW cockerels don't have lacing on their backs, it's solid ground color with some black. The females can have laced feathers all the way up to the tip of their tail, with black underneath (on the tail). I say this as someone who has and has raised both sexes of SLWs. Usually by week 9 too, the boys have longer wattles. By 16 weeks they'd be much longer. Both sexes have brighter combs earlier than other breeds in my experience, so that doesn't help here. The lacing is what gives it away for me.

THAT BEING SAID, Wyandottes can also be henfeathered. If it is a boy, he's masquerading as a girl.

Back
Top Bottom