Need help identifying what happened to my feed

Pics
I ordered the corn free and soy free start and grow just a bit ago to mix in slowly with my current feed. I'd love to get them off corn.
Corn is fine for them, in a complete pelleted or crumble feed.
It's what most feeds are made of.
:confused:

He was doing really well today until I held him. When I pick him up and then sit him down he falls/leans to the left. I have to hold him up until he gets his feet under him. It's like all his weight falls on that side. I will set my phone up tmrw and get a video of him doing this so you can see easier. It's definitely not swollen. Can chickens tear muscles?
Yes they can sprain or tear muscles, have dislocations, etc.
I look forward to the video. He sure is a cutie pie.

IMG_7617.JPG
Can you get pictures of each eye tomorrow too?

Yes absolutely. I haven't noticed any issues with them. I'm curious if you see something though.

I do want to show you his pale comb. Notice my hen's red comb behind him for comparison.

View attachment 1659649

Yes absolutely. I haven't noticed any issues with them. I'm curious if you see something though.

I do want to show you his pale comb. Notice my hen's red comb behind him for comparison.
Have you checked him at night...with a flashlight for mites?
Take him off the roost after he has gone to bed.

Have you checked him at night...with a flashlight for mites?
Take him off the roost after he has gone to bed.

I haven't looked during the night. I have a camera though in their house and it has night vision. I watch him bc he falls off the roost a lot. He still thinks he is a chick and tries to snuggle under my Cochin. When she moves he follows her and falls off. They now sleep on a platform (extended roost). I have him sectioned off with a towel to keep him from falling. I have never seen him act like something is biting him when I have checked on him. I will try to take a look though.

I haven't looked during the night. I have a camera though in their house and it has night vision. I watch him bc he falls off the roost a lot. He still thinks he is a chick and tries to snuggle under my Cochin. When she moves he follows her and falls off. They now sleep on a platform (extended roost). I have him sectioned off with a towel to keep him from falling. I have never seen him act like something is biting him when I have checked on him. I will try to take a look though.
Just double check because mites live in the coop and usually just come out to eat on the bird at night.

I'm reading your other thread now.

IMG_7660.PNG
Just double check because mites live in the coop and usually just come out to eat on the bird at night.

I'm reading your other thread now.

I'll head out. It's hard to get to him. The towels are actually stapled up all around him. I have to box him in for his own safety. If you saw how I have him set up you would crack up. Actually I bet I can snap a pic on my night cam.

Okay look to the right side. He is behind the towels. Excuse the dust. I have been meaning to dust their house but it's been sooo cold here. A warm up is coming this weekend and I'm changing out shavings etc.

This was in his stool this morning. I mentioned this previously in this thread. The color tends to be more orange and seems to be intestinal sloughing. But today it's darker. He passes these fairly frequently and this looks nothing like his previous blood he had a few months ago (it was cecal). Maybe pooping out this blood is the source of his anemia?? I had assumed it was from the damage of his coccidia from before. Is there anything that can be done if that's the case?

Think I'm going to take this sample plus a cecal sample to my vet just to be cautious.
IMG_7662.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG

Back
Top Bottom