Need HELP new to baby chicks

Where did you find it?

Can you go to the farm store and pick up a few more chicks for him or her to brood with? Idk if it could be a Welsummer, or sometimes other colored layers look like that, but almost any breed if it looks about the same size (i.e. large fowl - standard chicken size vs. bantam - miniature chicken size) will make perfectly good company for your chick! Especially if they grow up together, they will bond into their own little flock. Get at least two more chicks, but 3-4 is better.
I went to tractor supply they all looked a lot older , I read they tend to bully other chics of different sizes…maybe I should trained him along they may have some info as well.

It definitely has grown to love us or absolutely thinks I’m Mama 🥰 DEFINITELY has been added to my family 🤗
ZIn that case its gender is immaterial, it is a gorgeous, precious life that whatever gods of Nature there are have sent to you for aid and to bring you Joy! Treat it with all the respect the circumstances of its arrival in your lives deserve.
I'm not usually sentimental about chicks (puppies are another thing☺) but when somebody like this turns up in your life you've got to go along with it haven't you.😊

ZIn that case its gender is immaterial, it is a gorgeous, precious life that whatever gods of Nature there are have sent to you for aid and to bring you Joy! Treat it with all the respect the circumstances of its arrival in your lives deserve.
I'm not usually sentimental about chicks (puppies are another thing☺) but when somebody like this turns up in your life you've got to go along with it haven't you.😊
Uhm.

It will make a material difference if someone has a reason they cannot keep a male. Then it would make more sense in that case not to get too emotionally attached as you care for it, and come up with a rehoming plan.

I don't know what this person's situation may be.

Uhm.

It will make a material difference if someone has a reason they cannot keep a male. Then it would make more sense in that case not to get too emotionally attached as you care for it, and come up with a rehoming plan.

I don't know what this person's situation may be.
The only difference it makes is if someone complains, which is not a problem I've ever had, not even with 8 cockerels (BIG ones) doing their best to announce their presence, so let nature take its course.
Perhaps attitudes differ here to the US. A breeder of large fowl I know, Crevecouers, LaFleches, Jersey Giants all with tremendous crows for carrying distance, live within spitting distance of a large Nottinghamshire town centre and our birds are within 150 yards of another town centre in Derbyshire. We have had no complaints EVER. In fact the birds and our highland cows are local celebrities that walkers have photos taken with. Aren't folks funny?

Last edited:
That little chick is so sweet I love how it thinks your it's family! My chicks used to cuddle under my arm I always wondered why then I saw a picture of them doing the same thing to their mommies it made me so happy that they had a bond with me the older ones are lap chickens and the younger cocks and pullets still cuddle under my arm the older ones never cuddled under my arm though they would just sit on me and does your little chick have a name?

Back
Top Bottom