Need help! One of my hens is breathing heavily and seams very exhausted, she isn’t eating or drinking.

Will do, I’ll check in later.
@KerryStavracos11, you are to be commended for taking this chicken home and doing your best to revive her. :hugsYou demonstrate the true spirit of BYC! @Wyorp Rock is one of our most trusted and respected members. You can trust her advice. Good luck with your little hen! We wish you all the best with her!

@KerryStavracos11, how is your hen this morning?
She’s doing much better! No panting and starting to drink on her own. She hasn’t eaten so I’ve been syringe feeding her watered down food but hopefully soon she’ll eat on her own. She’s also more interactive and lively so I think she’ll be alright. The only thing I’m worried about is that when she tries to walk she takes a few steps then lays down, maybe she’s just tired or weak but hopefully with some good rest and some food and water she’ll fully recover! 😊

Where are you at in the world? She seems to be doing better, so keep doing what you're doing, and do you have a local tractor supply or CHS? Thats a great place to get electrolytes and any other chicken things. Oyster shells for calcium are a good idea too. 🤗 Keep it up!
I’m in New York (the state not the city lol) and she has oyster shells in her food already, I’ve been crushing them into smaller pieces so they fit in the syringe. We also have a local tractor supply down the road, my sister went out to get the electrolytes. 😊

Back
Top Bottom