need help please help

love2chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
graham,washington
I went out and got a icubater and egg turner to hatch out turkey eggs and then got some chickens eggs but i got none of them to hatch. it was 99.5 for 21 days i had most of them with something in the eggs but never got to the end of the time and no hatch. 18 chickens and 12 turkey eggs. what did i do rong. please help if you can thanks

I don't know about turkeys, but here are the questions I have for you about the chicken eggs.

1. Where did they come from? Were they shipped, from your own flock, from the store?
2. How long did you store the eggs prior to setting them? 10 days is the point at which success rates drop off dramatically when storing eggs.
3. Did you measure humidity? If so, what type of hygrometer did you use?
4. Did you remember to remove the turner at least 2 days before the projected hatch date?
5. How were the eggs set in the incubator- upright (large end up) or on their sides?
6. What type of incubator do you have? Is it still-air or does it have a fan? How is it ventilated?

If you can answer these questions, I can try to help you figure out what may have gone wrong.

Back
Top Bottom